5. Sundown

We pulled away fast. Calebs face was dark, angry. It scared me. Austins face flushed, i ran out of the truck.
"You better get some sleep. In your own bed we got an early morning tomorrow." He said coldly to Austin.
Austin nodded then headed to the barn while Caleb watched until he was up in the loft. "Get inside young lady." He said sharply. I walked into the house to see Lisa at the table with a tea. She chuckled a little when Caleb came in growling behind me. She motioned for me to sit and have a tea with her. I obliged and Caleb sat across from us. He fiddled with his mug while he sat in silence. Lisa laughed awkwardly.
"I dont want you two seein each other." He stated bluntly. Lisa's smile disappeared and i frowned.

"This is the first time im meeting you, if i had the choice i wouldnt be here. You didnt care about me before, you never tried to find me. Dont try to control me now, you dont have the right to take away one of the only reasons I've been smiling lately." I stated my voice growing louder almost in tears. His face turned dark and lisa stood up.

"Caleb we should go to bed," she touched his shoulder and his face softened. Without another word i was alone at the table. I headed to my room i could hear Lisa trying to comfort him, maybe i was a little to harsh with him. But i mean 17 years later and we only met now. I crawled into bed and just let my thoughts fade away.
I stayed in my room until 2 in the afternoon.

I put on jeans and a t shirt and went outside to see that Austin had two quads out. He smiled wide when he saw me he kissed my cheek and directed me to a quad. He hopped on his and took off into the ditch, I followed and he laughed as we splashed through the mud and the muck. Twisting and sliding through trees and bushes. When we got back to the house I was exhausted from laughing and almost dying. We parked them and he kissed me softly biting my lip. I smiled and headed into the house for a shower and bed.

"Kourtney." I heard a voice say quietly, Kourteeeeeeeey." ...Kourtey who calls- my eyes shot open and i was face to face with Kiley. I hugged her squealing a little until i remembered, her and Derek. "Whats wrong?" She asked her face getting nervous, "Didnt you want to see me?" "Of course i did." I smiled and she smiled. "Dereks down there with Caleb we better go help him!" She laughed. She hopped off my bed and i pushed my sheets off. I didnt want to see either of them, guessing they dont know i know. When i got into the kitchen Derek ran over picking me up and spinning me around. His eyes that once made my heart melt didnt even make it beat faster today. He kissed me and Kileys face dropped slightly.

"Ahem." I turned to see Austin I smiled wide and he blew past me droppin his plate in the sink and heading out the door. Not lookin back. "So how long are you guys here for?" I asked.
"3 days." They replied in unison. Great i thought. I smiled slightly. I left them with Lisa while i went to feed Gypsy.
Austin looked up as i entered but quickly looked down again. I walked over and touched his arm and he flinched like i was fire. "Just feed Gypsy and leave Kourtney." He said harshly. I nodded and backed away. Lisa took us all into town for supper and we didnt get home till past 8. Lisa and Caleb headed out to the feed store. Kiley said goodnight and headed to bed. I headed to my room shortly after but i got followed by Derek. He closed the door and locked it when he came in. He started to kiss me and his hands tugged at the button of my jeans. I pulled away and stood up.

"Come on Kourt i havent seen you for how long? I want you, i missed you." I laughed and shook my head leaving the room. I ran out to the barn into Gypsys stall when i saw Austin sitting with her. He looked at me and shook his head.
"What did i do, why won't you look at me?" I blurted out angrily tears threatened to fall .
"You have a boyfriend." I looked at him confused then it clicked.
"No i had one. He just so happens to be fucking my best friend. I didnt know they were coming because i havent talked to him since we kissed." I nearly shouted the tears burst out streaming down my face. He stood up and pulled me into a big hug.

"Kourt Im sorry." He whispered as he kissed my forehead. He looked at me and smiled. I kissed him softly then said goodnight. When i got back upstairs i knew Derek wasnt in his room so i went to Kileys. I swung the door open and saw them both baring all. I turned and slammed the door.

I was chased by a naked Derek who was screamin, "She was a mistake i love you." I just shook my head. I heard Kiley sobbing but i didnt care anymore. It was 100% true. I turned on my heels and marched back into the room opening the door.

"Im sorry," Kiley said between heaves.

I laughed not a giggle a full on gut twisting laugh. "You realize less than 30 minutes ago he was trying to get into my pants. But im not that easy, both of you get your shit and get out, you are both dead to me." Kileys face dropped and i turned on my heel and walked to my room. I watched Kiley march down the long driveway followed by a flailing Derek trying to explain himself not even 10 minutes later. I saw Calebs beat up Chevy coming up the driveway not stopping at the two half clothed teenagers.