Chapter 45

I eyes fluttered slightly as I heard my mother and Elijah talk.  "Oh, Good morning Elijah!  Nice to see you here again." "Nice to see you again, Mary." I heard her walk across the floor in her heels, she must be going to a work meeting.  "You do realize she will choose Damon, correct?" I felt Elijahs jaw tighten against my head, "It is her choice, Mary." I heard her shift her weight "I gave her a talk last night, Elijah.  She will choose Damon." I felt Elijah lift me gently and set me down, then I heard him fix his tux.  "How do you know that, Mary?  What do you have against my brother?  He may have done some horrible things in the past but he is better with Maya." "What do you mean bad?" I panicked.  I opened my eyes "Hey guys," I fake yawned.  "Good morning." Elijah winked at me, telling me he knew I was already awake.  "Morning, Maya.  I have a meeting, will you be home when I am?" I nodded, "Hopefully." I sat up on the couch and she walked over to hug me.  "You better choose today - better now than never." She whispered into my ear, grabbed her purse and walked out.  When she closed the door I looked at Elijah, "You heard that, right?" He nodded and put his hands into his pockets "You don't have to choose right away, Maya.  But she does have a point - might as well do it now rather than later." I pressed my lips together, "What do you think?" he sat down next to me and put his hand on my knee "Maya, this is your choice... not mine.  You need to follow your heart." I bit down on my tongue, "What if your heart is going in two different directions?" He stared at my face "Then you must choose a direction."  I sighed as I got up and walked to the kitchen.  I grabbed my phone off the charger and began calling the new love of my life.

From Author:
HAHA I'm sorry this chapter is short, (352 words) but I wanted to leave it off on a cliff hanger and I couldn't think of anything more to write for this chapter.  (Sorry Briana - still love ya X'D) Sorry once again this chapter is short, also I kinda ran out of time so ;)))))) Thank you all for reading Chapter 45 of The Difference Between Us!  If you liked this chapter please add this book to your library and vote on it, and tell me your favorite part about this chapter in the comments!  (I know there isn't much of excitement in this chapter but it leaves off on a cliff hanger.) My favorite part was how Elijah was sticking up for Klaus, Absolutely love that.  Lots of Love, Lovelies!

-

xxoo Em