(1)

Ellie

The most hated sound, my alarm clock, sounded, announcing that i had to wake up for my job interview. I just graduated with my bachelors in business and accountings, and now i was trying to convince myself that i really needed to get up, to get ready for the interview, in time.

With a great hardwork, i got up, did my morning business and had a shower. Tying up my fluffy pale blue towel around my not-so-toned body, I came out towards my closet, and started another hard work, which was to decide the formal-business-but-not-so-formal dress because most of my clothes consisted of  jeans and tops. I ended up choosing a royal blue pencil dress with a sweetheart neckline, it fitted me like a second skin, enhancing my nearly-non-existing curves. I chose to pair it my nude heels which gave me a better professional look.

Before coming downstairs for the breakfast, i decided to put on a bit of mascara and brown lipstick. I decided that it was okay to leave my hairstyle natural, which was a bit wavy. I decided to take my novel from my sidetable, adding it to the purse with some necessities, i made my way towards the dining room.

Dining room was that big architectural antique sort of hall with a huge table in the middle with 8 seats around it. The table was beautifully decorated with a candle stand and a vase, which obviously had artificial flowers, considering my allergy towards the real flowers.

I saw my father and my brother sitting there, having their breakfast, discussing some business, as my only brother Zack was already doing job in my father's bank.

"El? Come on sweety, have your breakfast, you don't want to be late for your interview now, do you?"

Called my mother, who was making her way from the adjoining kitchen, even being the wife of a billionaire banker, my mother was that typical italian mother, who did everything by herself, inspite of the army of the servents present at our house.

After having my breakfast, and having a chit chat here and there, i made my way to my car after bidding goodbyes to my family. They wished my luck, and my brother was still teasing me about the dress i was wearing but i saw the pride in his eyes. Driving the car, listening to the song in the background at the low volume, i thought about my life which i spent with a laid back attitude. I never had a relationship because i always had trust issues and i wanted to have my every first with the person who will be my last. People still gave me weird looks when they heard that im single at the age of 23.

At the moment I was trying to get a job of finance manager in Maxfield Enterprizes. Uncle James was one my father's friend, i could have had this job in mere seconds but i wanted to prove my ability, by getting this job without anybody's assistance.

Having only two other applicants called for the interview, it was not a long wait, interview also went good. There was nothing much to say, they had already seen my capabilities in my CV. They asked me to wait for two days, and they will inform me, if i got the job.

While coming back home, i decided to have some meet up with one of my friend Hannah, who was doing a temporary job at a bakery. So, after informing her, i went to the bakery, sat in the corner booth after getting a coffee and a chocolate muffin, as there was sometime till the end of Hannah's shift. I started reading my novel which was about a military man and his girlfriend, living in an entirely other corner of the country.

I was slowly falling in love with their long distance relationship, when someone decided to pull me out my reverie by tapping the table hard enough to get my attention and getting my coffee to the verge of spilling, i turned towards the cause, with a frown etched on my face, and came face to face with the oh-so-familiar Austin Maxfield.

He was looking at me with his, according to some girls 'worth-drooling-smirk' with a tint of amusement in his eyes.

"You know, it's weird to see a girl, dressed beautifully, but sitting in a corner booth smiling to a mere book when a greek god like me is sitting exactly in front of her."

"I pity your shoulders to carry that big heavy egotistic head of yours" i said, rolling my eyes.

He barked out a laugh which literally gained the attention of many girls in the bakery, and i could see their normal eyes transforming into hearts and some of them stared at me with jealousy, 'You want him? Please take him, you are most welcome', I thought. Why i would not find anything special in that typical playboy features of him? May be because i always wanted the boys to be loyal to the girl they are with, and may be because i always think of happy ending, ignoring the downs of life and being the optimistic me.

"Hey there! Out-zoner. I will take my leave as i have a very special lunch date, do i look as sexy and hot as always?"

He asked pointing towards himself standing up, and thats when i noticed that he had put on dark blue jeans with a white shirt which was tight enough to define his abs with a black jacket topped with his messy chocolate brown hair. May be, if he was not a playboy, may be... i would have accepted his handsomeness, but obviously, he had to be the guy who just used the girls and didnt even remember their name the next morning.

Someone cleared their throat to pull me out my thoughts, and I felt heat raising up my cheeks and i saw the amusement in Austin's eye. Shit! I was not supposed to stare at him for so long, now he will get the idea of me being one the drooling girls of him, which i will never be.

So deciding to recollect my self, i said, "i never asked you to come here so go on, leave, and im not your talking mirror to inform you about your ugliness"

He just shook his head with a small smile, and went away waving in my way. This was our usual meeting and banter. He was always his egotistic self and i was always annoyed by him when he was being, i guess, his usual self.

Hannah came to my booth after her shift ended. "So, i saw you and Austin talking earlier, sup?" Obviously that had to be her first question.

"Yeah, just his usual two minute, full of ego visit."

"God El! I can never get you. You have got such a handsome family friend and you literally never see him as more than a playboy."

"That is because he is a playboy."

"But he is so handsome. Don't you ever accept that?"

"Correction, he is a handsome PLAYBOY!"

"Atleast you admitted. But God, Why do you hate playboys so much? Like they are just men with a lot of need to shove that d—"

"Gross Hannah! Please! Lets talk about something which is not related to Austin or a certain part of his anatomy."

"Okay! Okay! Tell me about this interview you had, How was it? Was there any hot and sexy interviewer in the panel?"

With rolling my eyes, I started to tell her about the interview. We had so much to talk about, we just carried on talking without any notice of time and when we did notice it, it was nearly dinner time. Collecting my stuff, we rushed out to my car during which i sadly casted a glance to my abondoned novel, i dropped Hannah of at her apartment, and came back home.

After changing in my informal and comforting clothes, i decided to read my novel till the dinner. Again falling in love with that beautifully written story, i started dreaming of my happy ending which I desperately wanted. Call for the dinner, got me back to this world. My mom had made my favourite dish, chicken Alfredo pasta, because of the happiness that i just gave my first interview.

My parents were proud of me and wanted me to believe that i will surely get the job, they even said that they had a surprise for me as my first job present which they will give me when i will get the job. On this surprise thing, i noticed Zack clenching his jaw tight but then calming down by smiling in my way, thinking i didn't notice his half hearted fake smile, which i did.

A/N:

Hey guys! its my first chapter of first book. I hope you like it. I'm all ears for your corrections and suggestions. :)

BK.