Chapter 22

As she went back to 221B, Charlotte Holmes couldn't help but look down on the ground. Despite the sidewalk looking the same all the way there, it seemed more interesting then the lights and traffic of the city.

She stopped walking when she saw familiar shoes in a distance.

"How were they?"

"Terrifying," Thomas replied looking pale, "but they're your family so what did I expect," he joked.

They then both laughed for a moment.

"To be honest though, I like them. Not as much as you, but I like them."

"Wait what?"

"What?"

Thomas looked down for a moment as Charlotte turned her head in a confused state.

"Charlotte, there's something," he faltered, "I should say, I've meant to say always and then never have. I might as well say it now."

"What's that?"

"This."

He held her face for a moment, and then leaned in towards Charlotte's lips as Charlotte's eyes went wide with shock.

As they say in, well pretty much everywhere, all time stood still. All there was Charlotte and Thomas and his warm hands that had a slight tremor with them.

And in that moment, Charlotte realized she didn't just sign a deal with one devil, that's devil being Moriarty, but two.

The other being love.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, his hands up, hoping not to get beaten up, and slowly backing away.

"I," she paused, "How.....What? You? When? What? HOW?!"

"How?"

"Ugh," sighed clearly not wanting an explanation on how he liked her. Emotions were hard to explain, "Again."

"What?"

"Again."

"Why can't you just make a sentence again?"

"AGAIN."

He just rose his eyebrow confused with his hands still up in defense.

"Ugh," she sighed, stomping towards him, holding his face like he did to her  seconds before, and whispering, "again."

And soon time stood still once again.

That is until-

"WHAT THE," Charlotte yelled as Mycroft whacked Thomas with his umbrella, "WHAT NO STOP IT, NO BAD UNCLE MYCROFT."

Lestrade suddenly appeared helping Mycroft with ganging up on Thomas.

"No not you too," she sighed, finally realizing she had to do this herself.

She soon broke it up, revealing a bloody Thomas and a boiling Mycroft and Lestrade.