Chapter 8

Hours later after the party ended, the famous Sherlock Holmes still seemed....off.

And Charlotte noticed.

"Please don't be high please don't be high," she muttered to herself. Knowing her sister and hitting the books have taught her a couple things. Including what it looks like and feels like to be high.

And let's just say on film, seeing a at the time four year old high is hilarious.

But that's not the point.

"He probably isn't...," she looked at him, "unusually violent today but, that's probably how he is around Uncle Myc."

She sighed. Even though she did call her adoptive father "papa" for the first time didn't mean he didn't have any faults.

And it would drive her insane if she didn't know.

"Papa," she whispered while holding her blanket and bear since it was late at night, and Sherlock was on the phone.

He turned putting the phone on his chest so the person on the other line, probably Mycroft based on the way he was holding the phone, wouldn't hear.

"Yes?"

"Are you.....high?"

He rose an eyebrow.

"What?!"

Her throat suddenly went dry.

"Are. You. High? Sissy got high once and she got all violent like you did and she started punching people and slamming people into walls and-"

"For once your deductions are wrong," he said coldly.

"Oh ok good," she smiled ignoring his coldness...or at least trying to.

"You should go Charlotte. It's late."

She frowned but left.

********************************

Hearing near her bedroom door, she heard the conversation on the phone.

"For the last time I'm not-"

"Oh shut up," he spat.

"Or what," he asked sarcastically, "you'll send me away like last time? Oh how unfortunate."

"I'll pay for a tutor."

"I don't CARE if it's a free scholarship for the next 12 years."

She then heard the voice on the other end get louder.

"You said caring is not an advantage remember," he smirked while pacing around the room outside.

He then suddenly went to a halt and frowned.

"SO AM I," he roared, "SHE'S MY CHILD FOR GOD SAKES NOT YOURS."

"You wouldn't," he growled.

Their was a pause for a moment then he threw his phone across the room.

"GO TO SLEEP CHARLOTTE," he yelled towards the hallway.

********************************
Several Days Later

"So I'm going to school today?!"

"Yes," he sighed.

"Thank you thank you thank you papa," she replied excitedly hugging him. He stiffened, patting her head, now dirt free and shiny.

Walking into the school, their was no denying it was fancy with Ivy wrapping around the brick walls and the bushes blooming with flowers and fruits of course being trimmed to perfection.

Walking alone she soon found herself nervous.

"What if all the kids are mean just like they were to papa," she thought looking at her small fingers.

She sighed as she went into the classroom.

"Oh god," she muttered.

Everywhere kids were coloring or playing with toys in a brightly lit room filled with all kinds of colors and numbers.

She hated it.

Turning around and jogging into the front office, she found an older stern woman with squarish framed glasses.

"And what is it that you need dearie?"

"I need to get out of that class," she demanded.

She made an awful face at that remark.

"What class?"

"5-102."

"Oh dearie that's the only  kindergarten class. The only way to skip it is to take a test for it."

"I'll take it then."

"Tomorrow. You'll take it tomorrow," she corrected, "today you'll enjoy your first day of school, yes," she asked grabbing Charlotte's arm and leading her back to the class.

Charlotte taking her own arm back looked at the elder woman like she was mad or something.

"I don't belong in there," she squeaked, "Their dumbos!"

"Well we'll see by tomorrow ok?"

She shook her head until she was once again dragged by the elder woman.

"Let me go," she yelled, "please let me go," she corrected, "I don't belong here papa was right," she talked to herself out loud, "papa! PAPA! PA-"

Her mouth was suddenly covered by a hand firmly as she squirmed while being dragged to the classroom.

"HELP! HELP!"

"Shut up you stupid child," the woman snapped.

Quickly and out of anger, Charlotte stomped on the woman's foot, while yelling in pain she ran for what felt like her life.

Making it outside, she breathed heavily until she felt someone cover her head with a bag.

And then everything went black.

OOOOOOOO PLOT TWIST! Whatchu gonna do about it?!