First kiss

Chapter 11

After hour's of tossing and turning, I finally gave up on any hope of sleep. I got out of bed and pulled on sweatpants on over my shorts and put on my Hightops. Walking outside, I took in a deep breath of fresh air. Straight away, I felt his eyes on me. He came back, I felt him leave earlier. Enough is enough. I moved at a speed that I didn't think was possible. Within seconds, I'm standing in front of my beloved. He looks completely shocked as he gets to his feet. Looking into his gorgeous green eyes, it took everything in me not to wrap myself around him.

"So, you're the one Kyle has sent to kill me" I said coldly.

"How do you know that?" he asked stepping closer to me.

"Kyle isn't exactly discreet and I have felt you watching me" I said trying to stay unaffected by how close he is getting.

"You know I'm here to kill you and yet you come to me without any guards to protect you" he asked looking confused.

"Who said I needed guards to protect me, do you honestly think you're strong enough to hurt me?" I asked watching him closely.

"Do you think you're strong enough to fight me, Kyle knows you have no power's and that you're not strong enough to protect yourself, that's why you always have guards when you leave the manor" he said.

"You shouldn't believe everything that Kyle says, that will only get you killed and trust me, you or him are of know threat to me" I glared at him.

"Action like these will only get you killed, my beautiful mate" he said with what seemed to be concern.

"I will let you in on a secret, I can't be killed" I said emotionless.

I swear I saw relief flash in his eyes before he hid it again. He moved quickly towards me, I saw it coming, but I let him pin me to the tree behind us. His eyes started to turn completely black with lust.

"If you can't stop me, how are you going to stop him" he said with his eyes focused on my lips.

"Like this" I said, I thought of a low level of pain and watched him fall to his knee's feeling the effects of my power.

I pulled my power back and watched his body fall completely to the ground with relief.

"Yep, that will work" he said trying to catch his breath. He got to his feet and leaned his hands against the tree at either side of my head, blocking me in.

"I don't want to hurt you Ruby, I want to protect you" he said looking into my eyes.

"Then why are you here watching me?" I asked, never taking my eyes off of him.

"To make sure you're safe, but the pull towards you is stronger than I expected" he said as he inhaled my scent.

"Why do you want me safe, you think my mother hunted you're family down to kill them. I can't and won't let anyone hurt my family" I told him.

"That is what Kyle has told me, but watching you're mother I can't help but think otherwise " he said pushing himself off the tree as he started pacing.

"And you believe everything he tells you, am I what Kyle told you I would be?" I asked.

"Know you're not, but you only have your mother's word like I have kyle's" he said looking at me.

"I didn't need my mother to tell me, I saw her memories of that day" I told him as he sat down.

"You can read thought's, so read mine" he said not believing me.

I concentrated on his thought's and in seconds I could hear them. I smiled as he thought of seeing me today and how his darkness is slowly leaving him already.