Beloved

Chapter 9.5

Ruby Beloved POV

Fuck, I shouted out in frustration. How did I not realise sooner she is my beloved. Running my hands through my short hair, I sat down. What the hell am I suppose to do now. I wouldn't be having this problem if I completely accepted the darkness like Kyle said. There is no way he is finding out about this. Today was suppose to be just watching her and now this. I knew I felt something for her but Kyle said I was going to feel that because she is a seducer. She has my head wrecked already. The second I saw her I wanted her more than I have ever wanted anything. She is beyond sexy even without being a seducer she is still gorgeous. I got on my black motorbike, I need to clear my head and focus. I didn't care where I ended up.

                After an hour I pulled into a familiar spot. Pulling my helmet off. I turned off my bike and kicked the stand before I got off. My body automatically started walking toward my usual sitting spot. The best view of her. Sitting down I made myself comfortable as I hid among the tree's surrounding the manor. I watched her mother, my parent's killer pull up in a white lexus. Kyle told me how she hunted them all of them down and killed them to get back at Kyle for rejecting her. That's why he took me under his wing, he feels guilty that my family were killed because of him. He is the only one left alive to tell me what happened, except for the protector, but she will only lie. Kyle said she turned his father against him and got him banished because of her lies.

                                                 I could feel her before I even saw her. Watching her made me want her more. What is it about her that makes me feel like my wall's are cracking slowly. But I can't bring myself to leave. My heart thumped when she looked straight at me. Like she knew exactly where I'm sitting.

"Well how did you get on following her today?" Kyle said appearing behind me.

I was too focused on her to even hear him come up behind me.

"Nothing too exciting, she went shopping for baby clothes and body stuff" I told him with no emotion in my voice.

"Ah so my brother's beloved had his baby finally" Kyle said smartly.

"Looks like it" I answered.

"From what I have heard, our dear Ruby is going to a party away from the manor in a couple of day's. You can make you're move then. Blend into the party among all the drunk wolves. They won't touch you because they are afraid of Ruby and her guards they won't risk pissing them off" Kyle said with disgust.

"Yeah, no problem" I said, even though the thought of hurting her made my stomach sick.

"Good, don't make any mistakes, we can't risk them knowing what we're up too" he said coldly.

"Don't worry I won't" I answered flatly.

Standing up, I dusted myself off and walked back to my bike to get away from him. He might have looked after me but it doesn't mean I like him. He is a hard faced bastard and he hasn't even got an ounce of darkness in him. It took everything in me not to turn around, walk back towards him and rip his heart out with my bare hands, for wanting Ruby dead. I haven't even spoken to her and already I feel protective of her. I'm fucked. I put on my helmet, turned on my bike and went in the direction of my home. I couldn't handle living with him, he chipped away at my sanity everyday. My only escape was accepting the darkness, but something stopped me from letting it take over completely. Been honest, I wanted to recognise my beloved when I found her because she would be my world, my one happiness out of all the pain and loss. Pulling up outside my house, I parked my bike up, took off my helmet and opened my door.

             Releasing a sigh, I relaxed knowing Kyle can't just pop up behind me without me noticing him. I have been watching The protector for awhile before I ever saw Ruby, but something never seemed quite right. She doesn't act like the cold heartless monster that Kyle described, I haven't seen that in her but I have in Kyle. When I saw her with Ruby, I saw pure love and adoration for her, even with her fake beloved, that's what Kyle said, she looks at him with pure love and lust. She didn't just settle for him, I can feel that, whatever they have between them is stronger than any bond I have seen. It's hard to separate what Kyle has told me about her and what I have seen. Even his family love and adore her. The more I think about it the less sense everything makes. I know him he  isn't doing this because he feels responsible, he is getting a kick out of it and I have let him use me as a pawn. Before I didn't care but now I feel a connection to all of them making it hard to hold that hatred. But I do know I'm not the only one Kyle has recruited, he has given all the vampire's all false hope by offering them a place beside him when he take the crown. But he doesn't want to have to do it himself, he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. Unlike his brother Marcus, Kyle can't fight his way out of a paper bag, his only advantage is his power. Even with that he isn't much stronger than me. Ruby could probably take him. I have yet to see what she is capable of. I some how managed to miss her or catch the end of her fighting. Kyle said she is the easiest target, he doesn't think she has any gift's other than being a seducer, that's why she has so much protection around her all the time. I might be the one suppose to kill her but right now I don't know if I can, but if I don't he will send someone else to kill her. Without her guards around she will be an easy target but then again the vampire world doesn't know about her for some reason but yet we knew that his brother's beloved was pregnant. Why are they hiding Ruby's existence?, is she that vunerable that they think the vampire world would harm her, is she not capable of protecting herself?.

                                   That is something I'm going to have to test. I don't want to hurt her but I need to know if she is even capable of protecting herself, if not I may stick closer to her and makes sure no one hurts her. The biggest challenge is going to be if I can keep my distance from her.