Meeting the family

Chapter 15

We're only half an hour away from the manor. I have to tell her now.

"Amara, there is something I haven't told you about me" I said glancing at her.

"You can tell me Ruby" she smiled.

"I'm a royal, I'm the first in a new stronger bloodline. I have a few different gift's. We're going to the Manor, I live on the ground's with my parent's. Rhys is a royal guard and live on the manor ground's as well" I said. I don't want to overload her with too much information at once.

"Does that mean my mom lives there?" Amara asked with so much hope in her eyes.

"Not yet, but she is moving to the manor in the next couple of day's. Her mate is my uncle, which means you are my cousin and also a royal. You don't need to be of his blood, through you're mother's bond is enough. When I first met you I felt connected to you and a strong need to protect you, I know now that's it's because you're family Amara" I smiled when I saw her process all the information and a beautiful smile graced her face.

"I'm part of you're family. In just a few word's you have made me feel like I'm apart of something, the pack never made me feel that. I didn't think one night could change my life so much and for the better. I'm going to get to see my mom again and I have found my mate as well"  she said with excitement in her voice.

"From now on Amara, you are part of our family. I'm so glad Rhys is you're mate/ beloved. I have grown up with him and his best friend Mark, you couldn't have found a better mate. He will treat you like a princess and love you more than anything in this world" I told her.

"I keep forgetting that he could be so much older than me. Do you think he will still want me with me being younger than him?" she asked looking a bit panicky.

"Amara, he has already accepted you, there is no getting rid of him now. Age is just a number, it's the connection that counts" I said honestly.

"Tell me about you're mate and why he needs to stay hidden in the manor?" Amara asked.

"It's a long story, basically my mom's ex mate sent Killian to kill me. My mom killed him mom when she tried to kill me as a baby. I could feel Killian watching me and when I figured out he is my mate I ran. I didn't know what else to do. When I felt him watching again I confronted him. He was lost to the dark side but he has pulled himself back. I need him to stay hidden incase Kyle is watching until I explain to my parent's who he is" I rambled.

"Wow, he was suppose to kill you but instead he fell in love with you. That is so romantic" she said holding her hand over her heart. She is such a romantic.

"I don't know about him loving me, but our bond is getting stronger and I am falling deeply in love with him" I told her, I didn't realise how I truely feel about him til I said it out loud.

"He loves you Ruby, trust me. I have seen how he looks at you. He is completely in love with you and would do anything for you. He pulled from the darkness for you" she said.

"Looking at my mom's memories and how her bond with dad feels, mine and Killian' s is already that strong. He pulled from the darkness faster than I thought possible and the only way you can do that is to have a rare bond. Maybe because I wasn't consumed by darkness our bond grew stronger and faster" I told her.

"Whatever the reason is, he loves you, there is no denying that. Do you think you're mom and dad will like me?" she asked with worry in her voice.

"It will be impossible not to, they will feel the connection to you straight away. You can stay with us til you're ready to move in with Rhys or whatever you two decide" I said.