((10))

Jasper slept silently on the chair, his empty pasta bowl laying on the chair next to him. I stood from the couch, turning the television off and grabbing the bowl. 

After he sat on the chair it didn't take long for him to pass out, his head slowly falling as he did. I walked down the hallway slowly, strolling into the kitchen and tossing the plastic bowl into the sink. 

I walked toward the staircase, my mom passing me by as she left the living room. 

"Sometimes I swear, you are the only one who he loves more than me," she said, shaking her head as she walked past me into the kitchen. 

I smiled to myself, if she says it, it must be true. 

I hummed along to the song I won't give up by Jason Mraz as I climbed the stairs. 

I let my hand turn the smooth knob as I opened my door, shocked to see Archer laying across my bed with his hands behind his head. The natural light filled the room, an amber color coming from the curtains. It wouldn't be long until the sun went down. 

"Archer!" I yelled, almost positive I woke Jasper up. 

Archer jumped, rolling off of my bed and onto the floor. 

"You scared me," He he said, clambering back to his feet. 

I laughed loudly, bending over as my stomach began to ache. 

"You should have seen that, that was- so funny!" I said, gasping for air between laughs. 

He rolled his eyes, sitting on the bed casually. 

"Can we move on now?" He asked, clearly annoyed by my laughing for so long. 

I finally caught my breath, sitting next to him on the bed. 

"Why are you here?" I asked. 

He looked at me now, his eyes dark. 

"I don't know.." He mumbled, seeming kind of lost. 

I looked at him now, his face fell in the light. His silhouette outlined in the orange sunset. 

"Hey, you okay?" I mumbled, stepping closer to my bed. 

He shut his eyes now, ignoring my question. The closer I got to him the stronger the scent of alcohol grew. 

"Have you been drinking? Archer, look at me!" I said, my worry rising with my voice. 

"Maybe I have! What's it to you?" He yelled, standing from the bed suddenly. 

I flinched away, closing my eyes as he got closer. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He cut himself off, turning his back to me. 

There is obviously a tension surrounding us, something is on his mind... I can tell. 

"What's wrong with you?" I asked again. 

He shook his head, turning back around. 

"Can you just... listen, okay? Don't interrupt, just listen," He said, sitting on the ground, his back against my bed. 

I sat next to him on the floor, glancing at him. 

"Yeah, just tell me," I said, bringing my eyes to the ground. 

He took a deep breath, barely looking at me under his black hair. 

"I just... I'm so sick of my life," He mumbled. 

His head fell a little, I could tell his mind was running. 

"Okay..." I mumbled, urging him to go on.