A Book/Movie Critique for The Mortal Instruments

This is just to pass the time while I read Ink for Blood. Anyone who has read City of Bones knows how the book went and how far they deviated. The books were awesome, though I don't think there should have been a fourth book, but the movie was lacking so much. Like for instance, the actress who played Clary Fray should not have been picked. Clary is a redhead and does not have caterpillar eyebrows. That being said, the guy who played Jace also was a downer. I mean really. It's Hollywood, aren't there any decent actors/blonde models around? The answer is obviously yes, they must not have looked too hard for that one guy that could have made the girls my age have heart attacks. British accents are good on a hot guy, but barely raise the bar for an average dude.

Btw, has anyone noticed that Simon didn't become a rat? He was given vampire blood first thing. Might I add that Simon wasn't that bad looking with glasses but as soon as he started changing, he just got really good looking. No comment on Alec, although that was definitely some manly acting. If it wasn't for the fact he was all "Stay away from Jace", I probably wouldn't have guessed he was gay. Any other characters, including Alec's sister, were just there for me. Except what's his name, the book keeper guy should have been more nerdy.