Chapter Six

The look of shock on Meredith's face was indescribable, but she couldn't help but scrape her eyes over Luke's body, his rock hard abs, and tensing muscles. Meredith shut the door quickly her back resting against it, her cheeks in a flush as she looked over at her younger sister that had a wide smirk on her face.

"So.. " She almost laughed, her smirk growing wider.

"Shut up," Meredith growled, trying to fight back the smile on her face as she stomped back to her room, her cheeks still bright red.

Meredith felt embarrassed and stupid. but she had to admit in five years, Luke had improved.

Luke stood in front of the bathroom sink in a daze, he didn't know whether to feel embarrassed or proud of the look on her face. But, he couldn't help the smirk of confidence that fell as his lips as he brushed his teeth.

When he was finished getting dressed, he felt the need to check on Meredith. He walked over to her door and knocked twice. A few seconds later she opened, but unfortunately, she still had the image of him in her head from no longer than twenty minutes ago, so when she saw him her eyes widened.

"Hey, I just wanted to- uh, I guess apologize for what happened earlier," Luke hated that he was always so nervous around her, never able to find the right words to say, she was just so beautiful that it distracted him.

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine. I just forgot that you always shower with an unlocked door, but you probably should just lock it for the next two weeks. Don't want to risk Jules or my mom walking in on you," Meredith joked, Luke chuckling along with her.

"Yeah, you're right," Luke smiled, scratching his neck, yet again trying to find something to say "Well, see you later then, " Luke said and turned to walk away.

Meredith sighed and called out to him, he turned around instantly, his eyebrows raised, "Do you want to come stay in here for a while?" Luke looked confused for a second, hoping she wasn't suggesting what he was thinking, not that he wouldn't mind, but he couldn't she was engaged, and it was wrong on so many levels.

"I mean we could talk, and maybe watch a movie? " Meredith clarified, silently praying he said yes, she didn't want to be alone and she had to admit she missed hanging out with him.

" Uh, sure," Luke said and walked back to her room, her closing the door behind him.

*

Calum, Michael, and Ashton sat on Meredith's front porch, a beer in each of their hands, a comfortable silence falling between them.

"Where the hell is Luke, we were supposed to go get our suits an hour ago," Ashton stated, taking a swig from his bottle, pushing his dirty blonde hair out of his face.

"He's probably fucking Meredith," Michael stated bluntly, ignoring the uncomfortable looks his bandmates gave him.

"What are you talking about? " Calum asked.

" Well, Jules said that Meredith walked in on Luke when he just got out the shower, she saw all his shit, so I figure all the sexual tension build up is being released right now," Michael explained, using hand movements to gesture what he was referring to.

The other boys chuckled not even caring or judging Luke, because 1) they knew he was still in love with her and 2) Meredith was hot. Even though that made Calum uneasy cause it was his big sister. Calum was completely fine with it to be honest, even though Meredith was his big sister, Luke and she was together for a long time, so he had gotten used to it by now, considering he used to live in the room next to her.

"So we'll just wait till they're done, then, so the next five minutes," Calum mocked, a loud laugh leaving Michael's lips, Ashton laughing as well.

'Want to go see if he's getting some for real?" Michael suggested.

"Ew, no I'm good I had to listen to that for two years, I think I've had enough," Calum said, a look of disgust falling on his face.

"Fuck it," Ashton said and ran into the house, Michael following in suit, leaving Calum on his own, "Perverts," he mumbled to himself.

*

Surprisingly, nothing happened between Luke and Meredith, the two just sat on the floor, leaned up against her bed and watched a movie on her flat screen TV, that hung on the other side of her bright blue room. Once the movie finished Luke stood up, he dusted off his ripped black jeans and walked over to Meredith's desk, he picked up a picture that stood out to him, one of her stepfather Adam. He had a bright smile on his slightly wrinkled face as he wrapped a seventeen-year-old Meredith.

"He looks so happy here," Luke smiled, looking over at Meredith, who had a small smile on her face, "He was always happy, I don't remember a time when he was not smiling," she started making her way over to him.

"Do you... miss him?" Luke asked reluctantly, not wanting to pry too much.

"Every day, he was like the father I never had. When Ana first married him, though, it took a while for me to trust him, it was right before I started school here, and I met you. The first day he moved in was extremely weird, and considering I had been homeschooled before Junior year, it was hard adjusting to a new 'dad' and high school at the same time," Meredith rambled on, but she couldn't help it, she could always talk to Luke so easily, another reason why she fell for him. "I'm just glad that Calum was here to help me through it, He loved him, I know he did, but he never showed it towards him since his dad, Mike, had dumped him with Ana, and that day when Adam lay on the hospital bed-" Meredith stopped herself, she didn't want to remember that day, not at all, she didn't want to remember the second worse heartbreak she had ever felt, the first one being five years ago, when a certain blonde dumped her.

Meredith was surprised that she didn't hold any grudge towards Luke, but it was maybe because he was right, she wasn't good enough for superstar millionaire Luke Hemmings. She wiped away the stray tears that fell down her plump cheeks, she was feeling too many things at once and it was overwhelming. Luke noticed that she was crying and frowned, "I'm sorry," he whispered.

Meredith chuckled, "It's alright, I needed to talk about him at some point,"

"Still, I shouldn't have brought him up, sorry"

"Stop apologizing Luke," Meredith put on her smile that she had forced so often it made her face hurt.

"Sorry-" Luke stopped himself and laughed nervously, running a hand through his blonde hair, licking his dry lips.

Meredith rolled her eyes playfully and took the picture from Luke, and placed it back on her desk. She walked over to her door and swung it open, only to find two boys falling onto her floor, them being the other two blonde's in the band, Ashton and Michael. The two boys groan in pain as they fell face first on her hardwood floor.

"Perverts," Meredith giggled before walking past them down stairs.