Chapter Four

It was finally here, the day that Luke would finally see Meredith again came. It would be the first time in five years since he had seen her. He would say that he didn't remember what she looked like, but that was a lie. Her appearance was fresh in his memory, her long and wavy raven black hair, her sparkling eyes to match, the curvy features that he loved. Her tan skin, always silky and smooth, he never got used to the feel of her skin. He remembered how it felt to have her pressed up against him, his hands running through her soft hair, staring into her eyes as he whispered countless times that he was in love with her. He still was, and he knew he always would be.

Luke turned over in his bunker, sighing as his curtain was yanked open by Michael standing there with his blonde hair messy, his gray sweatpants hanging low on his lips, and a bright smile on his lips as he looked down at Luke. "Wakie Wakie, Lukie, big day today. We're finally going back home, and I'm finally going to get laid," Michael bluntly stated, a chuckled leaving Luke's lips.

"At least you're going to get laid, I'm going home to my ex-girlfriend that's getting married in two weeks," Luke said, rolling out of his bunker and rubbing his bright blue eyes, ignoring the pain in them from the light shining in.

"And I'm going home to my ex-girlfriend, who hates me by the way," Ashton mumbled after he climbed out from his bunker.

"Oh shut it, Sasha isn't even home, she's off at college, good thing too. All I have is a family who hates me, so I think I win," Calum snickered, sipping the hot coffee that he just made.

"Guys can you stop being Debbie downers, it's been ages since we've been home. Is there a way we could make it through Meredith's wedding without any drama? " Michael pleaded, causing the other three boys to chuckle, but they agreed, even though they knew there was no way in hell that was going to happen. Not when the Hood family was around.

Once they arrived at the airport in Sydney, Luke's face fell. He had expected to see Meredith waiting for him, then her running and jumping into his arms, telling him that she still loved him, but that was ridiculous. His life wasn't some romantic movie, and that wasn't going to happen. Instead, they were greeted by Calum's mother, who had a small smile on her face as she walked over to the four boys. Her body language showing no expression at all, almost as if seeing her own son didn't faze her. "Hello boys, good to see you," she said, forcing a bigger smile on her face as she hugged all of them briefly. The look of hurt was evident on Calum's face, he hadn't seen his mother in so long, he would at least expect something more than that. But who was he kidding, she was still the emotionless woman she was before he left.

Ana guided them to Meredith's car outside, considering it was the only car they owned. They hoped in, and Ana drove the home, no conversation occurring whatsoever. Calum sighed from the front seat, resting his head on the window, he knew that this was going to be a long homecoming.

Luke's mind and heart were racing, in the next few minutes, he was going to see her. Meredith, the girl he couldn't get off his mind, the girl that was going to become someone else's forever in the next few weeks. He didn't even know if he could handle seeing her or even going to the wedding at all, but he had to try, he had to let her have what he could never give her, happiness.

They pulled up to the Hood house. It hadn't changed since the last time he had been there. The light blue shackles that made it exterior, the dark brown roofing that covered the entire house, it's two-story structure, the same flowers that Luke and Meredith had planted together. He remembered that day when they did it, he sprayed her with the hose, while she threw dirt at him, causing a full-on mess, and then ending up making out in the dirt. He smiled at the memory, for it was the day he knew that he was in love with her.

Luke helped with the suitcases, along with the other boys while Ana went inside the house. "You ready?" Calum asked Luke, as he placed a dark suitcase on the sidewalk.