Chapter Three

One week ago

Meredith sighed, her back hitting the soft texture of her silk covers, her head landing on her pillows that she had had forever. She looked up at her baby blue ceiling, a feeling of warmth following her as she snuggled into her own covers. This would be the last time she would be in her own bed since she's being forced into moving in with her fiance Richard.

She was stressed she had to admit, having to deal with all the planning for a wedding she didn't want to happen, with a man she didn't love was tough. She couldn't believe that her brother was coming home this weekend and Luke. She scared to see him, considering it would be the first time in five years. Last time she saw him, was when they broke up, and that wasn't a very pleasant memory. However, she was worried that he would come back completely over her and with someone new, but maybe he needed to, so she could move on herself. So she wrote him a letter, a letter full of lies, her convincing him that she moved on, to bring a date to her wedding and that she was excited to see him. It was sad that only one of those were true.

Present Day

The following day after she had bought her wedding dress with her mother and her sister, and cousins, Meredith decided she needed a day off from everything and everyone. She woke up in his lavender silk sheets, the sunlight shining through her thin curtains and falling onto her barely awake face. She yawned and stretched, hitting something hard next to her. She looked over to see none other than her fiance, Richard, in the bed beside her.

Personally, she had nothing against Richard, he was a good man, he had a good job, he was a doctor. He was a very attractive man, with his shaggy blond hair, and his crystal green eyes, accentuating his scruffy beard and turned up nose. Under different circumstances, Meredith would be head over heels for him, but the fact that she was being forced to marry him, didn't exactly make him ideal. She only wanted one person, and she couldn't have him.

"Good-morning," Richard whispered, turning over to face her, bringing her out of her own thoughts.

Meredith mumbled back a response, trying to get out of the bed, but he pulled her back down, placing a kiss on her lips. She almost threw up in her mouth by the way his lips moved against hers, her barely moving hers at all. She felt nothing while kissing him, it was nothing compared to Luke. She sighed into the kiss and pulled back giving him a fake smile to which he genuinely returned.

"I've got to go, " Richard said, getting out of the bed, not before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Where are you going? " Even though she didn't really care, as long as it wasn't here, she needed time to herself.

" Got an early shift down at the hospital. I'll be home around five," he stated, dashing to put on his scattered clothes for the night before, a night of the many others that wasn't pleasant for Meredith, but it was for him.

"Okay," was all Meredith said, trying to hold back the happiness in her tone, and the smile on her face. She would have the house to herself today.

"Bye," Richard mumbled on her lips once he was fully dressed, and he dashed out the door, a wide smile forming on Meredith's face. She would finally have a day to herself, without all the wedding planning and stress.

Her mother was forcing this upon her, even though her and Richard and only been dating for a few months. Meredith was even going to break up with him, that was before the mother proposed marriage to them. Richard was so clueless to the fact that the only reason she was marrying him, was for his money. Sure, that's a shallow thing to do, but her mother was desperate, and Calum going away didn't help at all.

As soon as Calum had come back from his one year tour with his band almost four years ago, he went right back on again. You could say it's been a while since Meredith had seen her little brother, considering he was on a cycle of tours. But, she could say that she has gotten closer to her two sisters since this had happened, though. With Sasha off at college, she couldn't make it home for her wedding and it was depressing that Meredith couldn't have her older sister at her wedding, but she sent her well wishes.