16

ETHAN

I left to the park to meet up with Aaliyah as I watch a figure sitting on the swings, realising it was her.

I plan to scare her as I slowly tip toed towards her when suddenly, she turns around causing me to stop.

"Hey" i hear her say as I scratch my head. "Um hey haha so whats up? Why'd you call?"

She looks at me as I watch her pout. "Um, this might be a bit weird but err, does Grayson still love me?"

I didn't know what to say. Should I be saying yes? Or no?

"um .. Not so sure." I say placing my hands in my pockets as she looks down, kicking the pile of barks.

"I feel like he's fading away from me slowly and just like that .. he'll be gone from my life." She says as I went towards the swing next to her.

I sigh. "I—I really don't know."

"should I invite him to hang out somewhere?" She asks me as I smile softly. "hm i guess that would be nice."

"oh I could invite him to the beach and hang out." She says as she stands up, smiling.

"oh yeah, that would be great."

She smiles at me and jumps around.

"Such a smart idea. Thanks for coming Ethan! imma go now bye!" She hugs me and runs off.

wow. That's it? Great. One point for Grayson.

AALIYAH

I ran back home, ran up the stairs as I grab my phone, smiling as I decided to message Grayson.

Me:
Hey Grayson, I wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out but if you're not in the mood, it's alright :)

I had a feeling he was going to say no but I still tried. I didn't want to lose Grayson but it seems to me he wants me gone.

I loved Grayson a lot but it seems like he's trying to avoid me and forget all our memories together.

GRAYSON

Laying in bed is probably the best feeling ever. But getting heartbroken, eh .. Not so much.

I couldn't stop thinking about Aaliyah. Why is she acting all innocent to me? Today at school she looked like she wanted to burst into tears. I felt bad but I'm sure she knows what she did.

But I know Aaliyah wouldn't fake cry to me.

DING DING.

A text? from Aaliyah? It says she wanted to hang out. Oh I don't know. I still feel heartbroken.

Suddenly Ethan comes in. ''Hey Gray''

I sat up on my bed and crossed my legs. ''Yo''.

''I .. Could tell you love Aaliyah a lot and I feel like I haven't really been a good brother to you ... Asking you to do things, pushing you, not letting you love someone when you actually deserved that person ...''

What is Ethan trying to say?

''What I'm trying to say is ... I'm going to let you love Aaliyah. I think you deserve her more than I do AND I'll promise that I will not love her again''

I was so relieved. Is this for real? I squeezed Ethan's cheeks to see if this was real or not. ''OUCH OUCH GRAYSON''

This is real. I hug Ethan and even kissed him on the cheek. In second thought, I might actually hang out with Aaliyah.

Me:
Hey :) sure we can hang. Where should we meet?

AALIYAH

I stare at my phone like a total maniac waiting for a notification.

I stare at the screen, acting like I have the power to control things with my mind. ''BOOM!'' I couldn't wait much longer. WHEN IS GRAYSON GOING TO REPLI—

DING DING

I start to spaz on my bed, squealing as I read the text.

Grayson:
Hey :) sure we can hang. Where should we meet?

Me:
By the pier?

Grayson:
okay. See you there in 30 minutes? Basically at 5?

Me:
Okay yup

I gotta get dressed.

GRAYSON

''Ooh, your smiling. What you and Aaliyah talking about?'' I hear Ethan ask as I hide my smile.

I smirk at Ethan. ''We're hanging at the pier.''

''Hey, if you don't mind .. Can I come with?'' He asks me as I shrug.

I don't really want Ethan to come but he's my ride so .. I guess. ''OK''

He starts dancing and runs out of my room like a maniac. Alright? At least I know I'm the normal one.