7

GRAYSON

I left Aaliyah on the couch to let her calm down. I made her hot chocolate since I'm sure that's what girls love.

I hope ...

I sat next to her, placed the hot chocolate in front of her on the table and smiled. I saw her smiling and I just became so happy.

She hugged me and I still felt the tears drip on my shoulder.

"I miss them, Grayson. I miss being in a family that was a whole and always happy. Sometimes ... I feel like your the only one I have left." She says still hugging me making me go in tears.

I hugged her tightly and started tearing up.

"Aaliyah, don't cry. I know it hurts losing someone you love. You know I have experienced this before. My grandfather was the best and I lost him just like that. We did have memories that cannot be forgotten and it hurts .. like a bitch." I say still hugging her.

She lets go and looks down.

I wiped her tears, as she looked up and smiled at me. "Thanks for the hot chocolate"

I smiled and grabbed it for her.

"I'm sorry for just crying out of nowhere like that and making it seem like it's your fault a -" she says as I felt worse.

"No no. It's okay. Listen, we all cry for someone and something out of nowhere when you remember them. Listen to me. I will always be here for you alright?" I say as she hugs me again.

AFTER AN HOUR

We were watching "She's The Man" and I was just so happy she was smiling and laughing the whole entire time.

I couldn't stop looking at her. She's different. She's unique and special.

I know I'm not supposed to love her but I always feel like I can tell her anything. I wish I could make her mine, but I know Ethan will hate me for that.

While I was thinking, she pauses the tv and looks at me. I quickly looked away to pretend I wasn't looking. She starts giggling.

''I know you were looking at me, Grayson''.

I smile awkwardly as she continues to giggle.

"I feel bad for not explaining it to you about that family photo. But I feel like you deserve to know since you told me about your grandfather and I trust you''

I felt loved but I didn't want her to put pressure. ''you don't ha -''

''When I was 8 ..''

Alright. She's telling it.

'My mom and dad never really had a good relationship. They always argue about bills not being paid, misunderstanding and all that. Every time after an argument, my dad would always leave the house and doesn't come back after like two hours. Then there was this day where they had the loudest argument Suzy and I have ever heard. They shattered glass, made holes in the wall, loud screaming and shouting. Again, my dad left the house. But that one day... He brings my little brother, Tyler and boom. Just like that. Gone. They were missing for weeks. We thought they were staying at a motel ... then my mother gets a call."

She lets out a deep sigh. "We didn't know who called, but my mother burst into tears and ran out the door not caring in the world how she looked. Her heart may have shattered into pieces from the husband she married but she will always be strong.''

I burst into tears. I watched her tears dripping like a waterfall. I couldn't just watch her. I hugged her tightly and kissed her on the forehead.

''Aaliyah I'm so sorry. If I could take the pain you're having right now, I would. Watching you cry made a pain in my heart. I wish you never felt that pain and if only I had it in the beginning. I will always be here for you and be that person you trust. I will promise that we will last forever and I'll never let go. If I leave you for even a moment, I'd grab you and take you with me''

I couldn't stop crying and listening to her sob.

My heart really pained. Seeing that person you love be heartbroken, hurts a lot.

ETHAN

Grayson hasn't been answering my calls. He always answers immediately when he hears a second of it.

Since Grayson isn't answering, might as well call Alex.

Alex:
yooo! What's up?

Me:
haha yo um... Can you tell Grayson to answer my calls?

Alex:
Grayson? Alright, but if I call him then it would be the same since he won't answer. Unless you two had a fight then...

Me:
what? Aren't you guys in bowling?

Alex: huh? Bowling? No. I haven't hanged out with Grayson in like three weeks.

Me: are you being completely honest right now? Cuz he told me you guys are chilling at bowling.

Alex: I'm honest right now bro

Me: are you kidding me. Where the hell could he be... Oh god. Aaliyah.