6

AALIYAH

As I was wondering what Grayson was worried about, I tried to change the conversation.

"Anyways, so what are you doing later? Since its Friday .. we should hang"

He looks at me and smiles. "Oh sure. I'm free"

I smile and giggle.

"Can I meet at your place?"

He nods and smiles but looked worried at the same time.

"Grayson. Why do you keep looking so worried" I say as I touched his chest.

He scratches his head and smiles.

"Oh, n nothing. I just thought maybe we could hang somewhere else and probably go bowling or something"

I thought about that idea. "Haha okay sure" I smiled and got lost in his eyes till I got a text.

Mother: Hey sweetie. I'm going back to New Jersey for a little while to get the other things we left.
Suzy's going to be with me so she could help me :)
I trust you to look after the house for the next 4 days. Love you, be safe

The best message I got from my mother. I'm going to be alone for the next four days. Hell yeah.

"Why do you look so happy?" Grayson asks as he chuckles. I passed my phone to him to let him know why.

He opens his mouth. "Woah, you got a cool mom"

I laughed. It was the end of the day and I looked around to see most of the students gone.

"Um, we should go," I say as I giggled. He laughs and nods.

As we were walking out of the school, I realised Grayson could just come to my place.

"Oh Gray, if you want you can come to my place since no one's home," I say as I smiled.

I could tell he loved that idea. "Alright yeah," he says as he smirks.

GRAYSON

Phew. Good. I didn't want Ethan to know we're hanging out tonight. If he finds out she likes me and I like her. Dead.

"So what we going to do at your place," I asked with a smirk.

She giggles and winks. "You know .. Just kidding, we can watch a movie or something"

I smirked and raised both eyebrows. "you mean .. Netflix and chill?"

She laughs cutely.

AFTER A WHILE

"Okay we're here," she says as I follow her.

As I went to sit on her couch, Aaliyah stopped me with her hand against my chest.

"Wait, are you sleeping over?"

I smirked. "Depends what happens tonight"

She looks at me as she turns red. I forgot I wasn't supposed to make her fall in love with me.

I softly push her on the shoulders.

"I was kidding. But it's safe if I, you know. Do stay in case a robber comes in you know?"

I notice she looked annoyed that I was joking around.

I hug her and let out a small laugh. "Let's watch," I say as I grab the remote.

Wait. hold up, I need to get dressed," she says as she runs up the stairs.

As she went upstairs, I get a call from Ethan.

Me: Hey E

Ethan: where are you, bro?

What do I say? Um.

Me: oh yo, I'm uh with Alex. We're gonna go .. bowling

Okay, I didn't stutter that much. I'm fine.

Ethan: oh alright, when will you come back?

Me: depends on what's happening. I'll call you later bro

Ethan: Alright, okay later

Me: Later

Ethan called me at the perfect time. As Aaliyah was changing, I stood up to look around her house to look at family photos.

As I was looking at how adorable she looks in the photos, I noticed a photograph that was under a bowl of marbles.

It was a family photo. A dad, a mom, two girls and a younger boy.

After I did a good stare at it, Aaliyah came running down.

AALIYAH

Okay! Dressed in sweatpants, hair in a bun, a baggy shirt. Perfect.

As I ran down the stairs, I caught Grayson looking at a photo.

"G - Grayson." I walked closer to him to see what he was doing.

Grayson hid the photo behind his back and chuckles awkwardly.

"Grayson. Show me" I say as I place my hand in front so I could grab it.

He looks down and passes it to me.

As he passes it to me. I felt like crying again. I didn't notice it was my family photo.

"I 'm sorry Aaliyah. I didn't mean to loo - Hey .. are .. you okay?"

My heart felt like it was broken into pieces and got shot right after. It hurts seeing my family happy ...
And how it's not the same anymore. I've always dreamed to have a whole family together, happy.

"Aaliyah .. I'm so sorry," he says as he hugs me. I couldn't stop crying.

GRAYSON

I felt so bad for her. I hugged her feeling her tears dripping down to my hands that were around her waist.