15

ETHAN

During school, I notice Grayson walking around, looking like he's in deep pain as I sigh.

I really had no clue what was really wrong with Grayson but he lied to me about talking to Aaliyah about me.

I finally arrive home after a horrid day at school as I watch Grayson place his bag down. I guess he arrived right before I did.

I try to get his attention as I walk towards him. "Hey Grayson. We need to talk"

Grayson looks at me as I watch him roll his eyes as he continued to walk up the stairs "leave me alone"

I scoff. "you never spoke to Aaliyah about me did you? We spoke today and she told me you barely talk to her about me. What's going on?"

Grayson continues to walk up the stairs, not caring about anything in the world. "none of your business."

I felt anger in me as I ran up to him, pushing him down.

"GRAYSON. YOU KNOW I LIKE HER AND I HAVE BEEN FOR A VERY LONG TIME NOW. I trusted you to tell her stuff about me, but it turns out she barely even knows me. So what's up with you going to Aaliyah's house?"

Grayson widens his eyes as he frowns. "nothing!"

I push him harder as he groans in pain. "Tell me the truth Gray!"

I could tell he was frustrated as I felt him push my arms off causing me to hit my back against the wall.

"ALRIGHT. AALIYAH LOVES ME AND I LOVE HER. I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER BECAUSE OF YOU SO THANKS."

I stood up, frowning. "You son of a bitch. I trusted you!"

Grayson stood up. "I was gonna tell you, but I started falling inlove with your girl."

I clench my fist. "but you knew I loved her!"

"IF YOU LOVED HER THAT MUCH, YOU WOULD'VE WENT UP TO HER YOURSELF AND ADMITTED THAT TO HER. WHY DID YOU ASK ME TO MAKE HER FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU?! NOW SHE'S FALLING INLOVE WITH ME BECAUSE I ACTUALLY TRY TO TALK TO HER AND NOW SHE ... LOVES ME."

I wanted to beat him up so bad.

"F off Grayson." I walked up the stairs so I could forget what he said.

I hear him scoff, chuckling softly. "what? so you're backing out now?"

I turn around to face him.
"Okay well .. If you love her that much, why aren't you comforting her? She was worried about you and wondering if you're alright."

"BECAUSE SHE MADE OUT WITH YOU."

How did he know something happened between us?

I widen my eyes. "h—how did you know?"

Grayson gives me a death glare as he scoffs.  "I overheard you on the phone with Alex."

While I was going to answer Grayson back, I get a phone call.

AAILYAH

While I was at home, sitting on the couch, I thought maybe I can ask Ethan for an opinion or advice about Grayson.

So I planned to call him.

E:
Hello?

Me:
Hey, can we meet up at the park?

E:
sure. See ya there

Grayson looks at me with annoyance. "who was that?"

"um .. Alex. Gotta go."