Chapter - 4 AP Chemistry

Rae

  I entered the class ten minutes late. Freaking ten minutes and I was already on the verge of crying because it was just not me. I feel like I did something very bad by showing up ten minutes late. All the eyes were on me but I didn't dare to look up at anyone, especially Royce. But like hell, it's helping because even though I don't know where he is in the class I can feel his gaze on me, more than anyone. And that makes it hard to breathe for me.

"Ms. Collins? Are you all right? Is something wrong?" Mrs. Edwards asked as I stood there at the door. She knows me enough to know that I am not the kind of student who shows up late for any class.

"No, I am fine," I said keeping my voice low.

"Then why are you late? I have never seen you late before." I wanted to hide from all the stares because I hate it.

"I'm sorry I got caught up somewhere..." I tried to vocalize firmly but my voice was weaker. The class was silent and even our teacher didn't speak for a few seconds.

"It's okay. I will let you go since you are the most systematic student. And it looks like it's your first time showing up late for class. But don't make it a routine. Now please, take a sit." She said and I nodded, my head still low.

  Like always I placed my bag on the first desk as soundlessly as possible because no one was making any kind of sound and it was nauseating that I feel all gazes on me. But the one gaze was very intent and felt very hard on me, and that was exactly next to me. Yes, he was there at the front desk. Such torture he is. I hate him.

  Happily, he was done with the torment, at least for this class because he left me alone without saying anything to me or bothering me with his stupid antiques. But as soon as class ended he was back to his usual self. And this time I didn't bother to leave quickly because I know he will catch up to me somehow.

"Cat caught your tongue?" He asked when I was placing my notebook in my bag. I overlooked him like always but I know it was not stopping him.

"Aw, are you depressed that you were late?" He provoked.

"Oh princess, don't be sad. It's not like the teacher scolded you or anything. She was more concerned about the fact that you showed up late." He didn't stop as I predicted. I hoisted up and started to go to my locker before the next class and I was hoping he was not there too with me.

"Are you mad at me? I am sure you were late because of me. You looked pretty stunned out there when I shared a few details of your history." He was behind me and he surely needs to shut his mouth.

"Hey, where are your snarky remarks? Got rid of them already? I thought it will take me a while to make you surrender to me." His voice is playful.

Surrender?

really?

What is it? Fifty Shades of Brown?

  He is acting as if nothing had happened at all. He was unaffected and here I was replaying his words every minute in my head, getting pissed off more and more at him every minute as I think about it. He was acting like just an hour ago he didn't tell me my three years of life in this school just in one paragraph, which I tried so hard to ward off from everyone. I never wanted anyone to see me, never.

"Hello...I am talking to you." He said and I have had plentiful, again.

"What's your problem? Why can't you just leave me alone?" I snapped the second time in just an hour. He smirked, of course.

"I like it when girls get angry. It makes them appear even hotter..." He said smirking like it was not a big deal to get snapped at.

  If I were at his place I would have started crying by now. I mean I snapped at him in front of the whole school. That's a lot of attention including humiliation and embarrassment. Everyone was already staring and now more people started to pay attention to us. It is making me uncomfortable.