Chapter 10 | Kypen's Sword

(Kypen's Sword pic ^)

~ Normal POV ~

"It's to be said. That the sword is kept in a temple of some kind." Tails read from the screen in front of him. All the gang had be suited up for the mission.

Shadow and Shaden had gathered all the emeralds and kept them in a brief case. Traya had tagged along with the other agents of A.A.S.T, they humbly accepted her in. Sonic, Sally, Knuckles and Rouge had out the equipment and gadgets. Lastly, Amy, Sliver and Blaze held impressive skills for portal making.

"We good to go?" Traya pulled on a leather jacket. They all nodded in agreement. "Alright! The portal that we're taking is to the world of Kizmen. By aware that many monsters do live around the area, I'd suggest not to engage on any or they will attack you. Next we would have to lay out the perimeter for any traps, most of them is laid out under trees. The last thing to do is keep the building together as we retrieve the sword from its mantel. Silver, you have an important task to keep it up as long as possible, till everyone is out." Traya finished by passing Silver a crystal.

"I'll do my best." He smiled and put it away in his pocket.

"Then let's go. Tails and cream will stay behind to monitor our positions." Shaden chucked Tails a communicator.

Amy began to open the portal, with help from Silver and Blaze. It grew bigger and bigger with more power. The gang soon walked in and it closed in an instant.

~ Beyond the portal ~

The atmosphere of the world was rather starch and thick. Tall trees had flourished throughout the world, covering it in complete shade. The sludgy ground, squelched under each foot. The rainforest was more beautiful than they expected, until they ran into an unfortunate beast.

It was part tree, part boar. Long tusks curled up from its strong jaws. Blood dripped down slowly to the ground, identifying that it just had a hunt. Traya took cover form the trees and looked at the gang. They hid as well.

"We have to be careful." Traya whispered softly.

"I know what to do." Amy whispered and took out the bo staff that was in Shaden's office. Shaden's eye widened as she recognised the weapon.

"Where the hell did you find that?" Knuckles poked the weapon, which sprung out into a battle axe.

"So that's what it does. I couldn't operate it. Must only work with you, Ames." Shaden studied the weapon.

Amy wielded the long battle axe in one hand. It looked insanely heavy, but Amy carried a hammer for most of her life. Th pink hedgehog stepped out from her cover and gripped the weapon close. The boar smelt her scent and turned his head towards her.

Loud, rough snorts so followed as the beast charged towards her. Amy simply dodged and plunged the axe into the side of the boar, ripping a muscle. The beast collapsed and squealed as blood rushed from the wound. Amy collected some of the blood in a vile, saving it for later.

"That was impressive, Rose." Shadow complimented and kicked the dead boar. Amy giggled and cleaned her weapon on the wet grass.

"I'm gonna enjoy this new one." Amy smiles and puts it away safely.

The gang continued to walk through the dense forest. Vines had latched onto their ankles and legs, causing them to trip up. Amy was helpful though, with using the staff to make a machete, cutting down the foliage. The walk soon became to a stop. A large temple stood in front of them.

The clearing made light shine down on the old stone steps, making the entrance towards the temple

The clearing made light shine down on the old stone steps, making the entrance towards the temple. Traya brushed her fingers along the cold stone, feeling carvings in the stone. Moss had taken over most of the walls, leaving some ancient words the be revealed.

"All that may pass, can leave if they might last." Amy read from the walls.

"How do you know what they say? These are inscriptions that are insanely old and from a dead language?" Sally questioned and looked at Amy.

"I'm not sure. It just clicked in my mind." Amy looked back at the walls. She could feel Dark trying to push out.

"Maybe the emerald has given you different languages for different worlds." Rouge pointed out.

Amy nodded. "I remember them telling me that it holds a new power. I just have to unlock them as I go by."

"We should start heading in. Silver, we need you to keep it up as long as possible when it begins to break. This crystal will double your power in telekinesis." Traya pointed to his hands and walked up to the entrance. "Let's go."

~ Inside the temple ~

It was more empty than they imagined. The stone walls were covered in symbols and drawings of ancients. Small steps elevated the stone were the sword was lodged into it.

"Well this depressing. Thought there would be some decent treasure." Rogue placed her hands on her hips, in a disappointed matter. Traya simply rolled her eyes and stepped closer to the sword.

"Someone has to pull it out. I can sense that I can't do it," Traya faced Amy and smiled lightly, "if you won't mind, princess?" Traya stepped aside and laid her hand out to the sword.

Amy hesitated at first, but nodded and walked up to the sword. Her fingers traced the carvings in the handle. With a heavy breath, she locked her fingers around the delicate weapon, slowly pulling upwards. The stone cracked at the slightest of movement. Amy stopped and looked at Traya, who simply nodded to continue.

Amy pulled the sword once more, the stone cracking with each slide. A sudden force flourished from inside her emerald and in a swift moment, Amy had pulled the sword out completely. The carving along the blade began to shimmer in the light, glimmering like molten gold.

"I think we should go now. The walls will soon began to collapse." Shaden insisted. Everyone agreed and ran out of the temple, but only to be greeted by an unpleasant guest.

"Hello my children..."

It was Rylon....