Chapter 5 | Silence of light and dark

~ Normal POV ~

Dark walked up to Shaden. Her wings dragged behind her, as they stretched 7 meters wide. Shaden took out her dagger and readied herself if she was about to attack her, but she didn't, Dark just stood in silence as she looked into her pools of blood eyes.

"You need to come with me." Dark grabbed Shaden by the arm.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Shaden rejected, pulling her arm back.

Dark slanted her eyes and stepped back. Her mighty wings flapped out, feathers fluttered off by the rush. Dark rose up a few inches off the ground. She smirked and grabbed Shaden's arm once more, holding it more tightly and flew up higher. Shaden widened her eyes as she ascended higher and higher into the air. Her heart was racing, thinking that she might be dropped.

"I'm not going to drop you. We're sisters after all." Dark rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean by-" Shaden was cut off.

"The eighth chaos emerald. Amy has the other fragment, but as she's been separated in two, we have to find Light before our time runs out." Dark explained.

Dark grabbed Shaden's other arm to steady her out. Shaden looked up towards her as the land just a few minutes later. They had landed by a cascading waterfall with a pool at the bottom. Dark ruffled her wings from the flight and dipped her hands in the water for a drink. Shaden did the same, whipping her mouth once she had finished.

The tips of ebony wings from the demon, lightly dipped into the water, turning it completely red like blood. Shaden jumped back and gasped at what she was seeing. Dark gestured her to walk into the red water, which she did slowly. The water was warm as it crept up Shaden's waist, though she wasn't getting wet.

"You don't have to be afraid. This water helps you regenerate power and strength." Dark dipped he head under the water, she then surfaced and was completely dry.

A white patch of fur then appeared on the demons back. Dark pulled her long hair over her shoulder to show of the dark marking.

"This is the symbol of darkness. The other children of darkness also have this. The children of Light is different, it's to keep us from being attacked and sold off." Dark explained as the symbol flashed white. Shaden jumped back when she then felt soft feathers on her back.

Shaden turned around to see that it was an angel. Her fur was white, with long white hair and the same sized wings as Dark. The girl smiled and held Shaden's hand.

"You must be Amy's sister. At the moment she's been separated into Dark and I." She smiled and walked over to her other.

Dark stepped out of the water and stared at the angel. A cold silence filled the atmosphere rather quickly. No one wanted to say something as it might make it even more awkward. The white angel coughed and Dark took a step towards her.

"Should we get this over with." Dark suggested.

"Very well." Light placed out her hand and Dark placed hers over Light's.

A sudden white flare took off. Shaden shielded her eyes as the light got brighter and brighter. A loud bang so followed after, echoing throughout Mobius. Shaden dropped her hands to see only one figure stand there. The light cleared at there stood her, Amy.

Amy had long hair and had grown to more of a woman now. Shaden stepped forward to her not-so-dead-friend, feeling like this was all a dream. Amy smiled and hugged Shaden suddenly. Shaden hugged back with no excuse, small tears escaping with joy.

"I'm so glad that you're alive." Shaden broke the hugged and looked at Amy once more. Her smile was always the same, she was exactly how she left her, beside from being all grown up and such.

"I hope Light and Dark weren't to much of a hassle." Amy asked. Shaden shook her head.

"Cream might have gotten scared by Dark, but everything was fine."

"Good. I guess I should tell the others that I'm back." Amy started to walk down a small path. Shaden skated up to her and grabbed her hand.

"I'll take us there. Chaos control!" They then disappeared.

~ Amy's POV: Outside of Tails' workshop ~

Shaden used chaos control, and teleported us outside of Tails' workshop. I was quiet nervous, because I didn't know what they would say, and how they react to me not being dead. I held Shaden's hand and we walked into together. I could hear their voices from behind the door. Shaden offered to go in first so she could tell them what's going on.

"Sorry that I'm late. I had to meet up with someone special." I heard Shaden announce as she walked in.

"It's ok. We just started the movie anyways." Cream's sweet voice sounded so old now. I then felt Dark talk to me in my head.

"Your nervous. We can feel it." Dark pointed out.

"What's wrong Amelia?" Light asked with sympathy.

"I don't want to do this. Come out guys." I suggested. I heard them sigh as I gave up my body. Dark and Light stood in front of me, holding the eight chaos emerald. My spirit absorbed into the emerald, keeping me safe.

~ Light's POV ~

I felt really sorry for Amelia, I've never seen her so scared before. Dark and I continued to wait outside, tapping our feet on the concrete. Shaden then came out to see the two of us, she was rather disappointed. I told her why, and she simply nodded and lead us inside.

"Everyone. I would like to introduce, Light and Dark." Shaden introduced us. I smiled as Dark crossed her arms.

"What's so important about them?" A voice came from a little fox.

"They-"

"We are the two souls of Amelia, also known as Amy Rose. Dark holds her hate and anger, while I hold her happiness and compassion." I explained with a grin.

"We're the reason that can make Amy live. If we separate from her body, her soul in cases into this emerald." Dark showed the multicoloured emerald.

"No way! Is that the eighth chaos emerald!!" The group shouted.

"Yes it is...uh-"

"And Amy isn't dead!!"

"Oh boy...."

~ Normal POV ~

As the gang had settled down, Light continued to explain what was going on. An hour had passed and Dark took over for speaking, while Light tended the emerald.

"So the Mobian that was in the castle, was you two?" Sally asked.

"Kinda. You see, when our powers combined into one, Amy turns into a sort of super mode, only this one is more powerful and ancient. Amelia is her name, she's the life that was taken from years ago, she's the lost princess of the Rosetta kingdom." Dark finished her explanation and sat back on her knees, resting her wings to the side.

"So that dream kept having, was a memory from her past life?" Rouge asked. The angels nodded.

"Her kingdom have been still looking for her, after many years now. Her sisters and brothers are still morning her disappearance. Neither the King and Queen have stopped looking, but since about 400 years ago, the kingdom was enchanted with a time curse, setting them into stone." Light looked back down at the emerald and stroked her thumb over it lightly.

"Wait... so how old is Amy exactly?" Sonic hanged down from the ceiling by his legs.

"She was seven when she was taken from her family, she then turned younger due to the power from Metal Sonic, but her precise age is confusing, not even the Chaos Gods were born around then." Light smiled as she saw that everyone else had a blank face. "What?"

"So her entire family is immortal?" Shadow popped in. Light only nodded in response.

"So where are they exactly? From another dimension?"

Dark threw a crystal on the floor in front of everyone, it lit up and showed a large kingdom with a village. It was then dark and musky. Black mist had shrouded the land, all grey and stone showed in the picture.

"That's the kingdom.... in the Lorux dimension."