Daryl Imagine

Summary; As Rick and the group arrive to Alexandria, they were instantly welcomed by Y/N and many others. Daryl is instantly swooned by her only to figure out she is already taken. After a couple weeks of their stay, Daryl begins to notice her changes in moods and soon finds out, not exactly everything is a white picket fence in an Alexandria household.

*This won't follow the timeline AT ALL and it's similar to a situation in season 5.*

Y/N's POV

Today was an oddly beautiful day. Barely any of the undead bothered us today, children were out playing, and it wasn't too hot more importantly. I had a good feeling about today. I was on watch today which I didn't mind for the most part except for the fact that it was with Nicholas. I didn't really take a liking to him at all but dealt with him when I had to.
After hours of standing and keeping a watch out, I finally saw Aaron walking down the road and a smile spread out on my face as he waved to me but I noticed he had a huge group of people following him.
"Nicholas! Open the gate!" I called down to Nicholas from the watch post before quickly climbing down the steps to greet Aaron.
"Thank god, you're okay!" I cheered as I jumped into his open arms. Aaron has been one of my best and only friends here in Alexandria. Sure, I got along pretty well with the others but I usually just liked talking to Aaron and Eric.
"Of course, I am. I'm awesome." Aaron joked and shrugged his shoulders, making me shove him playfully as we laughed until Nicholas cleared his throat.
"Before we take this any further, I need you all to turn in your weapons. You stay, you hand them over."
"We don't know if we wanna stay." A man I presumed as the leader snapped, holding a adorable baby girl on his hip which kinda took away from the whole badass appearance but I knew you wouldn't want to cross him in any way.
"If they wanted to hurt us, they would've opened fire as soon as they saw us." I said to Nicholas who held a skeptical expression on his face.
"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron said, making a bright ginger haired man speak up.
"Who's Deanna?"
"She knows everything you'd wanna know about this place...Rick? Why don't you start."
Rick turned to his group then to the faint noise of an undead slowly creeping up towards the gate.
"Sasha." He spoke sternly to a woman and nodded to it, making her turn and aim her sniper rifle before quickly taking it down without so much as a blink.
"It's a good thing we're here." He grunted before walking further down the streets of Alexandria. I looked at Aaron with my eyebrows raised. I was impressed. Maybe this group would be good for us.
My eyes then looked to the group that followed Rick until they landed on a man that stood by the gate with a crossbow and dead possum in both hands. I smiled small and locked eyes with him, but he didn't change his scowl of a facial expression. I guess he's not a people person..
Oh well. I shrugged it off as a simple hesitant gesture. You couldn't really trust anyone in this world anymore so I understood where Rick and his group were coming from.

One week later..

Daryl's POV

It was weird living here. Well, I wasn't sure if we were staying for sure but it was just..weird. I've never lived a life like this even before the world went to shit. Everyone was cheerful all the damn time and we actually had food and running water. I sat on the porch of the house we stayed in, fiddling with my crossbow until Carol walked outside in a ugly looking outfit.
"Have to punch the clock and make the casseroles!" She said in a sing-song voice.
"What?" I raised my eyebrows, pulling on a tight string.
"Make dinner for the older people--Moms who need a break. People who can't cook. Get to meet a lot of the neighbors that way."
I scoffed,
"All right."
"Have you taken a shower yet?" She asked, twisting her nose up as she held a piece of my hair up.
"Mm-hmm." I grunted, moving away from her. She instantly saw through my lie.
"Take a shower. I'm gonna wash that vest. We need to keep up our appearances, even you."
Just then, the sound of a door closing made us both turn our heads to the house down the street to Y/N who walked down the steps and started walking down the street our way. I tried to make it look like I was paying attention to my crossbow when in reality I was staring at how beautiful Y/N looked today. A small smile brought the corner of my mouth up slightly. Carol's eyes followed mine and she instantly knew.
"Speaking of appearances...liking the view a lot lately, Pookie?" She grinned, crossing her arms. The smile fell quickly and I grunted,
"I dunno what you're talking about."
"Mhm, sure. Call me delusional but I'd say you had a thing for Y/N. Carl told me he found you watching her from the curtains as she was reading a book on her porch. He said something about you mumbling under your breath about how pretty her (eye color different than yours) were."
"Pfft. No? Her eyes are (eye color)." I said matter-of-factly, making Carol smirk. "...shut up."
Carol turned her head to Y/N was much closer to the house now,
"Hi, Y/N!"
Y/N smiled as she stopped in front of the steps,
"Hi, Carol! You look nice today."
"Thank you! I was just chatting with Daryl here before I headed off to help Olivia in the pantry. See you two later!"
Carol winked at me before slipping past Y/N and walked out of sight.
I gulped as her eyes shifted to me,
"Hi, Daryl. How are you?"
My mouth went suddenly dry and I couldn't find my words so I instead just nodded to her and gave her a small wave.
"Still shy I see." She giggled as she sat across from me on the pillar. "How are you liking it here? Everyone treating you okay?"
"'S okay." I grunted and shifted nervously as she still had the same cute smile plastered on her face. She never seemed to be bothered by anything. She seemed so carefree and open and I liked it. I liked it a lot. I needed to grow some balls for once..
"I was thinking...maybe you and I could--"
"Y/N?" We both turned as I was interrupted to face...I think his name was Sheldon? No..Steven? No...Spencer! Yeah, Spencer was calling to Y/N.
"Yes?"
Spencer's eyes moved between Y/N and I and I saw him squint his eyes slightly, probably not liking how close we were sitting.
"My mom wants to talk to you."
"Okay, be there in a sec, babe."
She replied and he nodded, walking off to Deanna's home. My head shot up at the word 'babe'.
"Sorry, what were you saying, Daryl?"
"You're married??!" I said a little too loud, making her jump.
"Married? Oh god no! Spence and I have just been dating for a long time!
College sweethearts!" She smiled big and my heart dropped. She was already taken..
"I better get going. I'll see you later, Daryl."
She flashed me that perfect smile once more before hopping down the steps and walked over to Deanna's home.
So much for my luck..