11. Youth knows no pain

Ava was in the bathroom. She was showering. The Salvatore house was the only one with vervain free water so there was a small line of vampires behind her. Elena was knocking on the door hard and Ava snorted. 

"In a minute!" she shouted to her and the answer was a bored sigh. The water was softly dripping on her skin. She got out of there and glanced herself through the mirror and smiled. She dried her hair with a towel and her whole body as well. She put the towel around her and left the bathroom. On the way she bumped on Elena. 

"There's another bathroom with a shower," she said and raised her eyebrow.

"Stefan's in there..." she said awkwardly. 

"Oh, no shared showers?" Ava asked with a teasing smile.

"No, we are going through some things," Elena said and Ava nodded. She did not need to hear more. She walked to the living room where she saw a familiar back. Damon was talking to him and he noticed her. 

"He wants something from you," Damon said and the man turned to her. 

"Kol," She gasped and started to walk determinedly towards him. She kept her towel on the whole time and she smacked him on the cheek. He held his cheek with his mouth dramatically open. 

"I most definitely did not expect that," he said and smirked. 

"Asshole," she spat and walked away from them. 

"I'm many things but I can assure you that I'm not that," he said cocky and smirked. Damon chuckled and watched the two, he was amused. Ava snorted to him and pushed Kol out of the way. 

"Where are you going?" Kol asked and she turned. 

"To change," she said and dropped the towel. She had her back on the boys and felt the looks burn her back. She smirked and got to her room. There she changed on underwear and black lace shirt, it covered her body of course, and light beige skinny jeans and white high heels. Her hair was wavy and open and she put on the tiniest amount of makeup. She took the stake and hid it behind her back. She walked back to the lounge/living room and took a drink. 

"I came to get the white oak stake," Kol said and walked to Ava. She laughed.

"Do you think I'm that stupid Kol Mikaelson? I'll lose my leverage," she said and took a sip of the drink. 

"And I have a dance to attend so..." Ava said with an attitude. Kol laughed and walked to Ava. She tensed up and backed away. 

"Give it to me, or I'll kill you," Kol said and got Ava between his body and the wall. Damon who was still in the room got closer to them. Ava just smirked to Kol and pressed the stake to his heart. Kol backed a bit. 

"That's the thing, Kol. You didn't even notice as I sneaked in to your mind and figured what you were here for. You have gotten sloppy my friend," she smiled a wicked smile and threw the stake between her hands. 

"You better give this to Klaus. If you don't, I will come after you and, oh well, let's just say that I'm as strong as you, don't know why," she said and threw the stake to him. 

"Trust is a strong thing Kol, and I trust you with this," she said and walked to Damon with her hands crossed. 

"Fine," he said and left the house. Ava sighed and showed her nervousness. She glanced at Damon who looked at her impressed. Ava smiled and poured more liquor to her glass. She drank it immediately. 

"That was fun," Damon said and glanced to Ava. She breathed air in and out. She played with her ring and looked at the roof. She bit her lip and turned to Damon. She leaped in his arms and hugged him.