10. Never to forget, never to forgive

"Damon!" Ava shouted and ran to him. 

"My drinking buddy!" she continued and smirked. Damon chuckled and watched as Ava grabbed a bottle of bourbon from the table. 

"How does one hate bourbon?" she asked and took a sip from the bottle. She got to the player and put a cd in it. 

"Aw, did you make this one for Elena? Oh wait it's not from the 21st century sorry!" she said and pushed play. 

"Shot through the heart and you're to blame, darling you give love a bad name!" Ava sang with the song. Damon chuckled and Ava took him by the hand and started to dance with the drink. She moved her hips to the beat and her hands were on Damon's neck. He kissed her and span her. Ava laughed as the guitar solo went on and she started to play air guitar. 

"Damon do you want to be my date to the dance?" she asked when she was done playing around. Damon looked surprised but after a while he nodded. 

"Why do you want to go there anyway? You're not a student. Can you even get in to there?" he asked.

"I have never been in to a prom so I decided to go. And what does it matter anyways, let's just go." she said and smiled. 

"You want a rerun?" Ava asked and slid her hand on Damon's chest. Damon chuckled and they watched each other straight into their eyes. He took a curl of Ava's hair and moved it behind her ear. Damon pulled her close and kissed her. He had his hand on Ava's back pocket and she smirked. They kissed passionately and Ava scratched Damon's back. The door opened and Caroline stood there with Elena, both looking shocked. 

"Oops," she whispered. Ava looked at Damon with a smile. They were still in the moment. She chuckled and glanced to the door. 

"Damon has caught another slut," Caroline snorted and crossed her hands. She looked Ava from head to toe. Ava moved in a second to Caroline and was in her face. 

"I could rip your heart out without blinking," She said and smiled. She pushed Caroline and Elena gasped. 

"Ava stop!" She shouted and went between them. Ava stared at Caroline from the distant and got easily inside the blondes head. She started to laugh uncontrollably. 

"Oh my god!" she shouted and turned to Damon who just shrugged to Elena, who also watched Ava like she was going mad. 

"What?" Caroline asked annoyed. She stopped the laughing and sighed.

"I don't know why but I think Klaus likes you!" she said and Caroline blushed a bit. 

"Oh darling, I'm sorry for you," Ava said and chuckled. She placed her hand on Caroline's shoulder and looked at her with a friendly look. 

"I'm not going to kill you," she said and walked away from her. 

"Afraid that Klaus will come after you?" Caroline asked amused. Ava shook her head. 

"No because I can kill him," she said. 

"You can't kill him unless you have a- Oh my god you have a white oak stake!" Elena shouted and had her hand over her mouth.

"Bingo!" she yelled and clapped her hands. 

"And we were in love once..." she said with a bit of sadness in her soft voice. "But that was then and it is no more."

Caroline seemed shocked. She looked Ava with her other eyebrow raised.

"And I have every reason to kill one of the Originals," she said and smirked. 

"After Klaus broke my heart, Kol did the same trick but it's completely fine because I had my revenge, I have the white oak stake," she said with a huge smile. 

"What are you going to do with it?" Caroline asked. She had a brooding look on her face. 

"I don't know. Obviously I'm not going to kill him, unless I figure something about the fact that we will die with him," she said and crossed her hands to her lap. 

"That clearly is a problem," Damon left a side comment and Elena laughed. Caroline and Ava burst to laughter as well. The girls laughed and Damon chuckled. 

"Why are we laughing?" Caroline asked between her gags. 

"It has been long since I've got along with girls, other than Katherine of course," Ava said and they all got quiet. 

"So, I'm counted as a girl?" Damon asked with a wide smirk. "Pillow fight!" he continued and yelled but everyone just looked at Damon under their brows. 

"You're disgusting," Caroline stated. 

"I know," Damon whispered and it made Ava chuckle.

***

Ava knocked on the white wooden door. It was a beautiful place that they had, the Mikaelsons. The door opened and Ava smiled to her wickedly.

"Now where have I seen this picture before?" she asked and passed Rebekah. Niklaus stood on her left and studied Ava. 

"Nik I'm going to shopping, don't wait up," Rebekah said and left the house. 

"And what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked in a strong British accent from Ava. 

"Just came to ask, do you have a dress for me?" she said and walked to Klaus. 

"And why would you think that?" he asked slightly amused. 

"Because I left one gorgeous dark blue dress to you, and I have a feeling you still have it," she said and caressed his shirt.

"Oh Ava I believe I threw it away..." he whispered and Ava snorted. She walked away from him and span around the hall. 

"Klaus come on I know you haven't thrown it away! Just let me look in to your creepy closet?" she begged. "Pretty please..."

"Fine, but I will come with you. I need to watch that you don't steal anything from me," he said and Ava gave a dark chuckle. "Again," he added and led Ava to the back room. 

Ava followed Klaus jumping in her high heels. She speeded ahead him and laughed. 

"I like Caroline," she said when Klaus opened the door, he glanced at Ava and smirked. 

"She would do good for you," Ava said with a smile. "You don't deserve her, but it would do good for you."

"She's a real bitch and that is what I love about her," she continued and Klaus laughed. 

"Unfortunately she loves Tyler," he said and pulled the blue dress out of a small closet. Ava gasped and chuckled. 

"Thank you, Klaus," she said and took the dress. "That vain hybrid? Believe me you will out him with your charm." 

"My charm?" Klaus asked. He was clearly amused. 

"You know the 'your eyes shine like the stars' crap. I mean, I fell for it," Ava said and made Klaus laugh. 

"If I hand over the stake will I be in no harm?" she asked as innocently as she could. Klaus turned to her. 

"I'm not exactly trying to kill you, am I?" Klaus said. Ava studied his expression and then smirked. 

"I'm going to take this dress and leave. Thank you Klaus, I know the man I once knew is in there somewhere," she said and stroke his shoulder. Klaus had his eyes on the floor and he felt the air as Ava left. But I haven't forgotten.