15. Alter Ego

Moon sat on a stool at some dark probably illegal bar.The bar was empty apart from him and the owner. Empty glasses were scattered across the bar table top.  Moon was drinking quite a lot and in separate glasses which if it wasn't annoying enough for the poor person at the bar, he was only ordering water which was free. He also kept inhaling all the salted nuts which only made him thirstier. The water bill was going to be outstanding.

The bar lady stared at him, beginning to clean up the glasses.  ''How are you even drinking that much?'' She put the glasses away, and started preparing herself a milkshake, with a little something extra... Some rainbow sprinkles. ''It isn't right to drink alone,'' she smiled sipping her milkshake. ''I've seen many a man come to this bar to skull his liquor, even placing bets. Many hold it quite well but never a man with water. Are you trying to drown?''

Moon didn't reply but slid the glass over for a refill.

The bar lady sighed getting up and filled it up again. ''I see I'm not going to get much out of you. If you aren't going to say anything I'm going to read you my story. You'll be the only one who hasn't told me to wake up and face the real world. That I'll never make it.''

Moon looked up at her as she began to tell a story about a strange man who once found a ring and became all powerful but suffered a lot of loss on the way. He went on adventures and met some amazing people. She stopped blushing nervously as she noticed Moon was actually listening to her.

''Do go on,'' he mumbled. ''I want to know how it ends.''

''I... I can't,'' she blushed stuttering.''I didn't think it would get this far or someone would care. I have no idea how it will end''

Her face began to distort and he felt himself sinking into the floor. It was euphoric and Moon himself didn't know how to describe the feeling.

''MOONIE,'' he heard voices scream though he swore someone yelled out Rocky. ''Keith... Moon!''

Moon felt himself hit the ground hard but he opened his eyes to find himself in bed, he hadn't gone anywhere or at least physically. This journey was purely mental. Roger, John and Pete all stared at him.

Roger bent down and patted him on the head. ''Sh, it's okay you were having a nightmare.''

Moon frowned. ''Why the fuck are you guys in my room.''

Pete laughed. ''He is fine, let's leave.''

John shook his head smiling. ''What did you dream about Keith?"

Moon got up out of bed and fluttered around the room.  ''Well, this beautiful woman was giving me drinks.''

Roger smiled. ''Not at all surprising.'' The others all smiled with him.

''Yeah,'' said Moon still in a daze. ''But she told me this amazing story about a man and this ring.''

John, Roger and Pete smiles dropped.

''He could do anything just by wishing for it.''

''Keith no, don't,'' they all insisted.

Keith ignored them. ''Like he'd say I wish for Mick Jagger's stunningly hot girlfriend Holly and bam.''

A familiar bolt of purple lighting hit the previously concealed ring on Moon's finger. Holly looked at them in confusion. ''What did you do with Mick? WE WERE ABOUT TO PLAY SOME MUSIC, FUCK, EAT FOOD, FUCK, GO ON AN DATE AND MAYBE THEN MAYBE FUCK AGAIN.''

John turned to the others. ''I told you we were going to have to do this properly.'' All three grabbed Moon and dragged him outside. Holly followed in confusion.