7: Another Tricky Day

It was a miserable day and it was raining quite heavily. Roger was still anxious and to be quiet honest Moon still felt quite sluggish. The whole 'out of reality' ordeal really took it out of him, but so did the pain and shock on Roger's face. Rose's words repeated over and over again throughout his mind.

''It will consume you and everyone else you know.''

Now wasn't exactly the time for Moon to flourish and become the hero the world needed. The truth was he was scared... he was terrified. Scared how this was gonna end, terrified how it would impact his friends. Despite his outwards attitude he really cared about everyone besides that John owed him £32.

''Here,''  smiled Roger nervously handing him a drink. The two sat on the sofa. Pete and John had arrived a couple minutes earlier, saying they felt something wasn't right. They certainly weren't wrong.

Moon rubbed his face, accepted the drink and then went on to tell everyone about his vision. The others didn't really know much about the ring. Roger listened, not saying a single word through the whole thing. Pete seemed shocked and John just sat there with his shades as if he was silently judging everyone. Moon finally sipped his drink at the end of it.

''Well damn,''  frowned Roger. ''So let me get this straight... you fell asleep, had a vision of your sister but who isn't actually your sister. She then preceded to tell you that this ring is really bad luck and will kill you and everyone you love if you don't get off your lazy arse and do something about it. Also somehow your life line was attached to the world and all the lights went out leaving only this very house to stand.''

Moon sighed. ''Basically... yeah.''

''Why didn't you tell me earlier Moonie,'' said Pete shaking his head. ''I could of written an excellent song about this. Moon, the ring and many lighthouses. Sounds great am I right?"

Moon forced a smile and turned to John who just sat there wearing his dark shades. Roger walked over rolling his eyes to take the shades off to reveal that John had fallen asleep.

Everyone laughed quite heartily which still didn't wake John up. He could probably sleep through a nuclear attack.

''I think the best way we can try to solve this mystery is by traveling around. Surely someone will know, besides I have a feeling it is the right thing to do.

Pete scratched his head. ''What are we going to travel around in though?"

Moon rubbed his ring and smiled. "I know just the thing."

A bolt of purple lightning hit the ground forming a bus. Moon smiled menacingly.