11: The Seeker

Moon put the glass down on the table as his hands were shaking too much. Not that it ever stopped him before, but now was different. He had explained to everyone the little of what the Witch told him. He couldn't head nor tails of. It made his stomach turn.

They had parked the bus in a clearing in the middle of a forest to try and figure out what to do next. It was a beautiful night. The stars shone so brilliantly but everyone was too lazy to roll out of the bus. So instead they changed the roof to be made of glass so they could have the beauty of the sky without the violent mosquitoes. They all sat in the usual spots on the comfy sofas, snacking on various foods like girls at a slumber party.

John folded his arms. ''So we need to destroy the ring.''

''But how exactly?'' asked Pete opening a packet of crisps.  ''The Witch said the ring wouldn't help.''

''Not directly,'' Roger interrupted stealing a crisp. ''But if we-''

''It's impossible,'' sighed Moon. ''The Witch said so.'' 

Roger's eyes widened. ''No, no! Didn't she say only in this reality...''

''YES,'' nodded Pete. ''That must be it!''

Moon frowned. ''Would you two care to explain?"

John smiled for once. ''It's obvious, you just go to another reality that is what your sister was trying to tell you. In that dream, remember the one you told us about?"

Moon blinked and mumbled. ''Travel... another reality?"

Roger nodded. ''You can't wish the ring to explode but you could use it to travel to other worlds. Maybe you could destroy it there. It is impossible to destroy or at least in this reality.''

''That's brilliant,'' beamed Moon, grabbing all the chips. ''I look forward to blowing up this bloody thing.''