Chapter 14

"I'm strong because I've been weak. I'm brave because I've been afraid. I'm wise because I've been foolish."

-----Vikk's POV-----

Once the weekend was over we had to go back to school and Lachlan and I's relationship grew even more. That week of school was probably the fastest I have had. Most of the teachers were gone leaving notes for us to either have free time or watch a movie. They all left to a convention for teachers only. So when the all came back Friday they didn't have any plans and let us finish the movies we were watching. That weekend we all had plans to go to Jerome's house and play some of his games. Lachlan who just got here about a week ago didn't know where it was so everyone said that I had to show him. When we eventually got there, everyone was doing their own thing.

"I got to go to the bathroom?" Lachlan asks.

"Down that hall and first door on the left." I tell him. He walks off in that direction and I find myself behind a wall that leads to the living room where Tym and Dylan were talking.

"So did Jerome tell you what Vikk is?" Dylan asked her.

"No, he said something about a ripped page and he didn't know what was missing." Tym said.

"Do you think it was Vikk who tore it out?" He asks.

"He doesn't seem like someone who would do that." She said.

"Who do you think did it?"

"Maybe his parents when they were alive... I don't know." They were talking about the page in the book Jerome had. Once I saw it I knew that I didn't want people to change me, I wanted it to be my choice. So I took the page out before anyone else knew.

"Hey Vikk." Lachlan says behind me making me jump.

"Oh, hi." I say.

"Little jumpy there, you ok?"

"Yeah, ready to play some games?"

"Yep." We walk into the living room together and waited for everyone to get there.

"So we are going to have a snowman building contest. We will be split up in teams of two."

"What about you?" Dylan asks.

"What about me?"

"There are seven people here, who is on your team?"

"No one, I can be a team by myself."

"Ok."

"The teams are, Preston and Rob, Vikk and Lachlan, Dylan and Tym, and me."

"Ok, I'm fine with that." Preston says.

"Ok, everyone outside and when I say go then we will start." We all head outside and choose our own spots.

"Everyone ready?" Jerome asks.

"Yep." Everyone says.

"And...GO!" The first thing Lachlan does is find some sticks while I am making the bottom of it. When he got back he also had some stones with them. After a few minutes Jerome said it was time to judge. He walks to ours first.

"Yours is ok." He says the walks to Dylan and Tym's snowman.

"Decent." He says to theirs. Then he goes to the last group which was Rob and Preston's.

"This one wins." He says. I go to see theirs it was probably the best snowman I ever saw.

"How?" I ask.

"I collected the sticks and the stuff that goes on it, and Rob made it." Preston says.

"I don't know, I'm just good with snow." Rob says nervously.

Time skip to Christmas

I am the first one to wake up at Preston and Dylan's house, I first eat breakfast then wake up Lachlan.

"Do you want to prank someone?" I ask when he is up.

"Sure, what about Tym?"

"Sounds good."

"What prank are we doing?" Lachlan asks.

"What about we get seran wrap and put it on the door." I say

"Ok, let's go get it then." Lachlan says. We both walk to the kitchen and grab some of the wrap. We walk back to her door and when we get the first layer on she opens the door and breaks it down.

"What are you trying to do." She asks.

"Umm, nothing." Lachlan says hiding the wrap.

"Well it looks like you're trying to prank me." She says.

"What? Why would we do that?" I say.

"I already know, I will help you."

"Ok, who do you want to prank?"

"Let's try getting Rob." She says.

"Ok, I will hide under the bed while you two wrap the door. Then knock on the door and I will wake him up." Vikk says.

"What about I wake him up." Tym says.

"Then Lachlan and I will wrap the door." I say.

"Ok." She says and walks into their room.

"Let's get started." Lachlan says. We get the wrap again and start, we leave a small spot so we can knock on the door giving the signal. Once we get done we knock on the door and hide somewhere so we can still see it. Rob walks into it and he gets really mad, while he was trying to get it off Tymorilyn ran through the doorway and down the stairs. We both come out of our hiding spot and see Preston laughing in the back.

"I'm gonna kill you guys." Rob says still trying to take it off. We both start running before he gets it off.

We go hide in a closet in one of the hallways. I look through one of the holes and see Rob and Preston walking by. Of course, Lachlan had to laugh when he saw them and they came back and found us.

I ran off before they could get me and they got Lachlan.

"Ow, sorry. It was Vikk's idea." I hear Lachlan yell.

"Hey, it's Christmas. Let's open presents." I say hoping for them to leave me be.