Chapter 3

"Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters."

-----Preston's POV-----

This weekend is going to be awesome. Ever since I have met Rob I couldn't wait till he could stay at my house. I hope we can play some truth or dare, maybe we can prank some people, and we are definitely playing a lot of games. We only have 1 guest room and Tym is going to have to use it since she is the only girl. When we get to my house the first thing we do is bring Tym to her room, then I bring Rob to our room. Since my parents are out on a business trip we have the house to ourselves. For supper we ate bowls of cereal, seeing as no one wanted to cook. After that we all started to play cards against humanity, I was the person choosing it this time and my statement was "In space no one can hear or smell ____." I waited a little for them to choose their cards. The choices I had were "Old lady","Virgin", and "Diaper." I chose diaper cause the other two didn't make sense, Rob won that round. The rest of the game went by fast, it was fun playing especially because of all the answers people were giving. We stopped playing at around 7:00 and we decided to split up in two teams and have a prank war. It was Rob and I vs. Dylan and Tym. We went into separate rooms to plan what pranks we would do.

"Have any ideas?" I asked Rob hoping he could come up with something.

"If this is going to be going on the whole weekend, then when one of them falls asleep we can draw on their face with this marker." He holds up a black sharpie.

"Ok, great any ideas we can do now?"

He shook his head no.

"It's a start, we can come up with more over time."

"Yeah, what are we going to do now?"

"Wanna play truth or dare?"

"Sure, let's go get the others though." We walked out of the room and found them waiting in the living room for us.

"Finally, that took forever." Tym exaggerated.

"What were you planning on doing next?" Dylan asked.

"What about some truth or dare?" I said in a creepy voice.

"Ok." They both said in unision.

"So, who want's to go first?" Dylan and Tym pointed to Rob and Rob pointed at me.

"Looks like it's Rob, so truth or dare?"

"Hmm, I will choose truth."

"Oooo, ok do you have a crush on someone?"

"Yes." Everyone "Ooo"ed after he said that.

"Ok, Preston your turn. Truth or dare?"

"Dare, I never say truth."

"Hmm, I dare you to dress up like a girl."

"Where...?"

"You can borrow some of my clothes, I brought a dress just in case of something like this." Tym says.

I follow Tym to her room where she hands me a dress.

"Have fun, Princess." She mocks me.

"Haha, just wait till your turn." I get dressed up in the dress and walk out where everyone has their phone out and took pictures. After 5 seconds I went back and changed to my normal clothes.

"Ok, Dylan your turn. Truth or Dare?" I asked

"Truth."

"Wow baby, ok is it true that you like someone in our class?"

"Nope."

"Tym, truth or dare?" Dylan asked .

"Dare, I'm no chicken." Tym said.

"I dare you to take off your jacket." Dylan said.

"No, I don't want do that." Tym said.

We ended the whole game after that, it was close to 10:00.

"Watcha wanna do now?" I asked.

"What about some scary movies and popcorn?" Tym asks.

"I'm fine with that, is everyone else?"

Rob and Dylan both said sure.

"Now the hard part, what movie?"

"What about "A nightmare on Elm Street?" Tym suggested.

"I haven't seen that yet so sure." We only had two couches so Tym laid on the floor, Dylan had a couch, and Rob and I shared one. It was halfway over and my eyes were drooping, after a few minutes I fell asleep.

-----Rob's POV-----

When the movie was over, I looked at Preston to see what he wanted to do next. When I saw him he was sleeping quietly. He looked so peaceful while laying there, I didn't want to wake him up.

"I am going to bring Preston to his bed, you can start deciding on what to do next." I said.

"Okay." I carried Preston to his room and laid him on the bed. He looked adorable. I went back to the living room and they said that they were tired too. So I went back to Preston's room and went to bed.

Nightmare

I was in my house watching tv when I started hearing cries. I didn't recognize who it was so I decided to investigate. I first searched the upstairs, then the main floor. Next room was the basement, when I got down there I saw Preston, tied by ropes. He was bleeding and crying, when he saw me he started to cry anymore and tried to tell me to leave.

"I'm not leaving you." I tried to tell him.

"You need to get out before he comes back."

"Before who comes back?"

"...Your dad..."

"Look what we have here." I heard my dad say.

"Don't hurt him anymore." I tried to stand up to him.

"Or what?"

"Or, I'll-I'll." I can't think of anything to say after that.

"Exactly, but two is better than one." He tied me up next to Preston.

"I'm so sorry." I tell him. I get hit by something and pass out.

Nightmare Over

I woke up in a sweat and Preston looked like he was trying to wake me up. He didn't notice that I was already up so he kept shaking me and telling me to wake up. When he finally noticed I was awake he hugged me.

"Are you ok?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare."

"Ok, it's only three in the morning so go back to sleep. Just make sure it's a dream."

"Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah, but it's ok. Really."

"Sorry."

"It's ok." I was really mad at myself for doing that to him. I hope it doesn't happen again.