0.0

TIME 10:04 pm
25 january 2017

LOCATION sm
lee soo-man's office

laughter with an underlying hint of mockery echoed in the meeting room as bang si-hyuk, or more commonly known as big hit entertainment's ceo, smacked the table humorously.

as quick as it came, his hunched posture straightened as his hands clasped professionally in front of him again.

his playful gaze long gone as it hardened into one of sophistication. scoffing, bang si-hyuk retaliated "are you serious?"

when he meet the unamused eyes of lee soo-man, the big hit ceo looked around the room in disbelief.

"what makes you think this will even be successful?" chided bang si-hyuk, unwilling to give up so easily.

"there's a reason he gave up his role to kim young-min. the guy's gone bonkers." mumbled fantagio entertainment's ceo, na byeong-jun.

leaning back in his chair as he took a sip of espresso coffee calmly, the original sm ceo shot na byeong-jun the evil eye that practically said 'i can crush you'.

clearing his throat, lee soo-man declared "i created k-pop's top groups and still continue doing so after resignation."

looking around the table, lee soo-man sneered at the head of big hit "good job on bts by the way, but having only one income source can be challenging i've heard."

ignoring the fiery look he received, lee soo-man spun his body to face his next target. "and astro's starting to making their name in the industry. eunwoo's visuals can really cover up any holes they have can't it?"

locking eyes with the final ceo who hadn't uttered a word since the beginning of the meeting, merely assessing the situation quietly, sm's founder shot a friendly smile towards the head of pledis entertainment, han seong-su. "i really must congratulate seventeen on ranking 3rd in boy group brand reputation after only 1 year of debut."

seemingly finished, lee soo-man quickly looked back at han seong-su right in the eyes while leaning forward before adding "how you dealing with that bankruptcy by the way?" falling backwards in his seat, the man at the head of the table smirked triumphantly, pleased with the annoyed expression on the 3 other men's faces.

the silent man finally spoke up "and how do you plan on carrying out this 'sister group' project."

"bts, nct, seventeen and astro, each boy group will be assigned a group of 6 female trainees from their respective companies. they must guide these girls and prepare them for life after debut as an idol."

bang si-hyuk rested his head on his clasped hands while na byeong-jun and han seong-su were contemplating the idea.

the enthusiastic man continued, "the only catch? the girls are considered untalented. not the top vocalists, rappers nor dancers. and no where near the top of monthly evaluation rankings."

outrage and protest erupted from the other 3 ceos. "what?! na byeong-jun was right, you have lost it. in whose right mind would want to debut a bunch of untalented girls?!" raged bang si-hyuk.

crossing his arms, the only switzerland member of the meeting; han seong-su, spoke slowly "actually, it may be a good chance to show the audience that our boys are not only talented enough to be idols but also to train idols." looking up from his tapping pen, the pledis ceo saw the slow nodding of fantagio but the cold stare of big hit.

"unless you're scared they aren't talented enough...hitman bang" han seong-su added sarcastically.

shooting up from his chair, the red-faced producer exclaimed "we agreed not to bring that up!" after a few snickers from the others, bang si-hyuk had calmed down and continued to reject the idea.

"my company doesn't need to prove anything. bts has single-handedly beat exo various times already and all without a big name behind them."
by this point lee soo-man had also stood up from his seat as the other 2 men watched the ceos' banter bounce back and forth like a ping pong ball.

unfazed by rejection, the sm representative reciprocated "maybe so but it's still a good opportunity. do you actually plan on living off of just bts's earnings? you need more groups under your name, especially after the ordeal with glam."

having practically convinced the ceos of pledis and fantagio, lee soo-man threw his hands in the air exasperated. "look we all can benefit from this. pledis and fantagio need bigger names, you need a new group and i need to prove that my artists aren't just visuals."

with few more minutes of prodding and egging on from han seong-su and na byeong-jun, the stubborn bang si-hyuk finally gave in. while signing the 'sister group project' contract, he mumbled sulkily to himself. "peer pressure is a bitch."

____

written by ; jenny
edited by ; wei

+ much thanks to everyone
who applied for sister group!
but we need more applicants so
maybe tag some friends? thanks! :)

also, this was jenny's first time
writing any thing so constructive
so feedback would be much appreciated. and she's hoping
it wasn't too bad