Stress Relief

••MATURE SCENES AHEAD••

Bobby got out of the bed after an hour of waiting. Christina was still sitting in her office, worrying about the next week.

"Baby," he said softly, but it was still enough to make her jump. "Come to bed."

She looked back at him and sighed.

"It will all be here tomorrow," he said.

"But everything will be different tomorrow," she reasoned.

"Everything will be fine tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is kind of my deadline," she stated.

He rolled his eyes.

"You've come out with albums before. Why are you so stressed about this one?"

"Because this is the best one yet."

"But the last one was the best one yet when that one was coming out, and I think you still actually slept the night before," he stated.

"Barely," Christina mumbled.

"Baaaby," he said, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist as he stretched out the word, "come to bed."

She sighed.

"I'll be in in–"

"No," he cut her off. "You're lying to me and hoping I fall asleep before then. You have to come in now."

Christina's eyes ran over the desk once more. "Fine."

"Good girl," he said, kissing her cheek.

"Don't say that to me," Christina blushed, making her way toward the door.

Bobby wanted to ask why, but he shut up. He'd already won one battle tonight, that was enough.

It was about fifteen minutes later that Christina finally laid down in bed.

"Took you long enough," Bobby mumbled, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her body tight against his.

"Shut up," she muttered back.

Bobby smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered in response.

- - -

It was only an hour later that Christina tried to wiggle out of Bobby's arms. If she couldn't sleep, she might as well be getting some work done.

"Where are you going?" Bobby said hoarsely, waking up from the movement.

Christina rolled her eyes. "I can't sleep."

He fastened his grip around her, tightening her body against his.

"Why not?" He whispered.

"I'm stressed about this album," she answered.

"Don't be."

"I can't just not be stressed, Bobby."

He sighed, his hand making its way to her hip.

"I know how to stop this stress," he said. "But it'll only provide temporary relief."

"What?" Christina asked, not understanding what he was hinting at.