Forty One

It was odd, since I didn't sleep. I really didn't like that. I miss sleep. I swear the only reason I haven't snapped at James yet way because of Olivia and Mackenna. 

It had been only two days since I had been changed and I knew that Vladimir and Stefan would want to meet them. I was scared they were going to come and take them away. 

During the days that had passed a crib was put in. They both shared one. They didn't look like days old, they looked more like two months old babies. They were growing too fast. I fed them baby food. James helped me take care of them. 

Olivia started to cry out. Was she hungry? "Shhh, Olivia," I said picking her up from her crib, hoping she wouldn't wake up her sister. It always scared me when they cried. I didn't want them hurt. 

She cried louder. 

"Olivia!" I groaned rocking her, holding her close to my body. 

She whined. 

James came out of the bathroom just barely dressed. 

"Izzy babies cry," James said. 

I nodded holding onto her trying to comfort her. 

"Sing her a song," he suggested. 

"Like?" I said rubbing her back. 

"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," he said. 

I looked at him as if he was serious. 

"Yes... do it," he encouraged, then looked looked down into the crib seeing Mackenna sleeping safe and sound. 

I sat onto the bed hesitating, and in a soft kind voice I began to sing, "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are, up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky, twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder who you are," I sang quietly in her ear. 

She slowly stopped crying. She grasped onto my thumb, bringing it into her mouth, chewing on my thumb. I smiled slightly. "James you're a good father," I said. 

He came and sat by me.

"How many kids do you have?" I asked. 

"Well..." he said and lowered his voice. "They only know about one... The other one is six... her name is Sophia," he said so low where I could barely hear him. "She is with her grandma..." he said. 

I nodded and looked down sadly then heard footsteps. 

"Grab Mackenna," I commanded. 

He nodded and carefully picked her up, without waking her then he moved to my side. 

Vladimir and Stefan both came in. 

I tensed up. What did they want? 

"Hello," I said trying to speak kindly but the tone of my voice was still quite harsh. 

"I see you're doing quite well," Vladimir said walking extremely close. 

"That is close enough," I said, my voice hard. 

"Well, I would love to meet them... I mean Izzy, we do supply them with food and water and we supply you and James with blood. We could stop that and leave now if you want," Vladimir said with a slight grin on his face. 

A growl rippled through my chest. 

"Izzy..." James warned. 

"Fine.." I muttered. Olivia was still chewing on my thumb. Calmer than ever. 

"Names?" Vladimir asked. 

"Olivia and Mackenna," I responded through my teeth, still pissed off at them.