Nothing

OK I GOT A REALLY GOOD IDEA FOR THEIR ANNIVERSARY DATE SO I HAD TO CHANGE THE PLOT A BIT. HERE'S THE NEW CHAPTER!! 

ARIANA'S POV

          "Pizza delivery for Elizabeth", a man in a red uniform said. I looked closely at his shirt; 'Pizza Hut'. "That would be me", Liz said coming over to the door. She smiled at him and handed him a twenty dollar bill. I glared at her but she didn't even glance at me. "Thank you kind sir", she joked. Before he could say anything else, she swung the door closed and set the pizza on the table. "LIZ", I shouted. She looked at me midbite, "What", she said with her mouthful. "Why'd you order pizza"?

           "Well, I thought you'd be out by now and it was going to be a long night. So I tried to make the best of it". I rolled my eyes at her and took a piece. "Where is Nathan", I wondered aloud, looking at the time. It was already 7:15. "He'll come, Ari, don't worry", she said, scrolling through her phone. I took out my phone and dialed his number. ring ring ring. 

       'Hey it's Nathan. Looks like you called my number. Just leave your name and number after the beep. Later'

         I groaned. I was about to click the call back button, but Liz grabbed my hand. "Ari, he's coming. Don't call him again. He's probably busy driving". She grabbed my phone and set it on the table. I nodded. I haven't gotten to see him for the past three days since we've been so busy. I really missed him and I was looking forward to this. I walked over and sat by Liz on the couch. She was probably right. He was just driving over here. Maybe there was traffic or something. 

        I walked over and sat down beside her on the couch. Pretty Little Liars was on tv. I couldn't help but pick up my phone on the table. Liz eyed me, but she didn't say anything. There were no new texts or calls or anything. I clicked onto our conversation again. 

               I gotta go, but I'll pick you up at 7:15 this Friday. I love you -N

       Well, it's Friday and its 7:30! Where are you Nathan? I threw my phone back onto the couch next to me. Liz looked at me worriedly and combed out my hair. "He'll be here, just wait for him". I didn't say anything after that. I just stared at the clock.

         7:45

                8:00

                          8:30

                                    9:00

                                              10:00

                                                        10:45

            My head was pounding and the makeup on my face was uncomfortable. "He's not coming Lizzy", I said. "He's just busy Ariana". I mumbled, "He's not coming". She shook her head, "No Ariana, don't say that. He's j-", I interrupted her. "NO LIZ, NATHAN'S NOT COMING", I don't know what came over me. I closed my eyes and she rubbed her hand on my back. "He forgot. He forgot about our anniversary".

            "I'm sorry Ariana", she said. She wrapped her arms around me and I put my head on her shoulder. I felt a single tear slide down my cheek. "Ariana,don't cry. He's really busy with the tour. You know that". I wiped the tear away quickly. "Yeah you're right". She took my hand and pulled me back to my bedroom. I looked out my window while she took out my makeup remover wipes. She started to wipe off my makeup. The sky was so dark. He really was late.    

          I blinked away unshed tears "C'mon Ari, let's take that frown off that face". She pulled me back out of my room and down the stairs. She pulled out a tub of icecream and two spoons. "C'mon Ari, you know you cant resist this", she laughed. "Lizzy, I'm not in the mood", I whined. "Fine suit yourself", she smirked. She ripped open the top and took a giant spoon full of icecream. She stuck the icecream in her mouth and took an extra long time to swallow it. I snatched the spoon from her. "Gimme that". 

           She grinned and we ate the icecream together. "Can you call Jay, maybe he knows where Nathan is". She looked at me sadly, "I can't, my phone is in my house". I sighed and nodded. "I just can't believe he forgot about this", I said spooning some icecream. She answered, "I don't think he forgot. He's probably just busy". 

           I shrugged and laid my head on the counter. I knew he wasn't coming. Liz was just trying to make me feel better, but right now, I need to face the truth. And that truth was that he wasn't coming. "You know what. I don't care if he doesn't come. He can go do his stupid tour all day". 

          "You don't mean that Ariana. You know that". I know she's right. I looked at the time 11:45. It's going to be midnight soon. "Let's just go to bed. There's no point waiting for him". She shrugged, "Ok". We walked to my room together in silence. Lizzy and I threw blankets and pillows onto the floor. I laid on one side of the floor and she laid on the other. I checked my phone again. No missed calls, no messges, no new texts. There was no 'I'm going to be late for our date. I'll be there by the time you wake up' or anything. There was nothing. Absolutely nothing. I shut off my phone so even if he did call me, I wouldn't get it. 

                                           "Goodnight, Liz".

                                                                             "Goodnight Ariana".