IX. Up, Up And Above

Start bij het begin

"Why didn't you come up sooner?" I ask him.

"I did. This is my third round here. You sleep like a child of Hypnos," he comments.

I want to vehemently deny the hidden accusation except, its true.
"Lets just go," I say instead.

If any of you are wondering about my deadline, its been met. Thanks to Karin being out for a meeting, Sasuke spent his entire time assisting me yesterday. We got it done in time. Everytime Kiba offered though, Sasuke was quite clear he won't have 'dog-boy' helping.

When we reach downstairs, we find Ino and Naruto watching some dumb show about magic. I don't understand how a grown up girl like her can get dreamy-eyed about something like that.

I sigh. "Ino, we're heading out. Be back soon." It is not a good idea to tell her you're headed out for shopping especially if you feel short on patience.

Ino turns her head and smirks. This girl and her thoughts. I glance at the TV Naruto was fixed on, then back at her.

"Sakura, you're giving me 'the look'," says the blonde girl from the couch.

"I'm not," I denied and began walking away.

"Magic exists, okay!?"

"Ino, we have two gods living in our house. I hardly have any qualms about magic," I tell her, shutting the door once Sasuke followed me out.

🚙🚗🚕🚓🚌🚙🚗🚕🚓🚌🚙🚗🚕🚓

I am not a fan of shopping. Anything that looks decent on me works. Apparently, everything looks good on Sasuke. We tried a few tuxedos then bought one ASAP. He was surrounded by fanning girls. That was really what took up most of our time.

At one point, he had to drag and lock us in a changing room, during which, I learnt that Sasuke's scent is an alluring combination of musk and honeymoon candles. Basically, inviting.

The security guard knocked saying, "Sir, you can't do that in here."

It was kinda awkward.

A knock on my door snaps me out and reminds me to put on my shoes for the evening.

I stand and turn to greet Sasuke. My breath catches in my throat.
"Wow, you look.." I fish for the word, "..appealing."

He cocks a brow. "Appealing? Not dashing? Ino said I was."

"That too," I approach him and fix his shirt.

"Which one? Appealing or dashing?"

I give it a thought. "Well, if you close this button, dashing. If you keep it open, appealing."

"What do you like?"

I consider thoroughly and say, "I like it this way."

"Appealing it is then," Sasuke nods and offers his arm in a very gentlemanly fashion. I chuckle before taking it and we proceed to the party together.

🎶🎧🎤🎹🎸🎶🎧🎤🎹🎸🎶🎧🎤🎹

When the elevator opens at our floor, the transformation of the place amazes me. Music is blaring from multiple speakers, disco lights are overhead. The place looks like a pub. I spot Kiba in the dancing crowd and wave to him. He grins back but it shortens when he spots my company beside me.

Sasuke pulls on my arm and tries to say something. I lean in closer to him
"What is this!?" He yells.

"A party!" I yell back.

Already the female population has noticed us - him - and they approach with their drinks, dragging Sasuke away to the floor. He looks at me helplessly, making me chuckle.