CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16:

Milliana.

It was our last day in Dubai and we had just finished some sightseeing. Our flight to Italy was in five hours so we decided to spend our last hours relaxing. I couldn't stop looking at my stomach in sheer awe, my bump was barely visible but that didn't stop the flutters of love and adoration in my stomach.

My parents nor Nailah or Isaac knew. We decided that when we got back we'd surprise them. 'It's crazy to think Ariella is going to have a sibling'. The thought made me laugh from nervousness. One baby was one thing, but two... wow.

"What's so funny?" Rafael asked, amused. I was thinking so deeply that I didn't even know he had came in. "Oh nothing, I was just thinking. What if Ariella hates the new baby?" He chuckled and sat beside me, taking my head in his hands and rubbing my temples and scalp.

"She won't, she's got the humbleness of her mother." He complimented. I smiled and blushed at him. He smiled back and leaned down to kiss me. His phone rang and he pulled away to accept the call, "Rafael Luciano." I tried not to giggle as he talked so formally. He glanced down at me and shot me a smile before looking away and turning serious again. I heard small mumbles from the other person and then out of nowhere Rafael's voice turned angry, "What do you mean the papers are not signed? Tell them they have twenty four hours and if it's not signed by then I'll shut their whole company down ." Whoever annoyed him really knew what buttons to push because he wasn't just normally annoyed, he was angrily annoyed. He ended the phone call with a snap and threw his phone on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my concern evident. "Nothing, just this small business that I made a deal with haven't signed the papers that's it."

"Rafa." I called, my lips quirking. He hummed and looked at me, "I think I can help you... de-stress." My tone was seductive, suggestive and when I saw him smirk we both stood up and went to the bedroom.

An hour later, Rafael started gently shaking me away. "Ana wake up, we should start getting ready petalo."  I heard, making me stir. I opened my eyes to see Rafael in front of me.

"What time is it?" I asked and sat up against the headboard, stretching my arms above my head leisurely. Rafa and I had gone through a few rounds of de-stressing before I felt tired and went asleep.

"Time to get ready." He answered and I nodded letting a big yawn. He propped me up against him and took me upstairs. He entered the bathroom and sat me down on the side of the tub that was filled with rose petals. Stripping his shirt off of my body, he helped me into the bath. I sighed in pleasure and lazed off into the water as he too stripped down and climbed in behind me. Rafael grabbed a scrub and some shower gel, squeezing a good amount onto it and then washing my body. Then he washed my hair and massaged my back. I did the same to him and we then rinsed ourselves off. Once out of the shower, we went into the bedroom and started getting ready. He was being such a sweetheart and put me in soft beige long dress and sandals beforing sitting behind me on the bed. He combed my hair and began to do a braid. I smiled fondly at the memory of when I taught him how to braid my hair.
Rafael and I had just gone swimming in his pool and I had been feeling tense lately. At that point, I was thinking I might have been pregnant. "Rafael, come here, please." I called and he walked over to me. I handed him a hair tie and he looked at me in confusion, his eyebrows raised. I giggled and asked, "Can you braid my hair?" He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and confessed, "I don't know how to, Ana." I turned him around and started to pull his hair into a small braid. I showed him what it looked like in the mirror and we both laughed. Slowly, I taught him how to braid my hair and from then on, he always braided my hair.

After he was done dressing me, he went to go change. He came back a few minutes later with a un-collared navy shirt, black jeans and Balenciaga shoes. "Ready to go?" I asked and he nodded. He took my hand and led me to the car where the butler was bringing out our suitcases.

The traffic thankfully wasn't bad and we arrived at the terminal within thirty minutes. We boarded the plane and a stewardess gave me a glass of juice and Rafael some wine. "Fudge-nuts, I need to pee." I whined, making him chuckle. My face turned red and I ran off to the bathroom. After doing my business I came back and sat in my seat with Rafa. Rafael was on his Macbook working on a few things while I looked outside the window to see the magnificent view. Before long, I found myself falling asleep with my head on Rafa's shoulder.

"Ana wake up, we're here." Opening my eyes I stand up slowly with the help of Rafael. He smiled at me and gave me a peck, "Welcome to Italy, amore mio. We got off the plane and the humidity hit me like a truck. A black Mercedes pulled up and the driver got out, giving the keys to my husband. We entered the luxurious car and filled the boot with our luggage. After all the suitcases were in he began driving. As we rode through the roads of Sardinia I stared in wonder of the beauty in front of my eyes.

The car stopped and I looked out to see a huge villa, it looked ancient, historical. We were at the front door getting the keys out and I was bouncing in excitement. He looked over at me with a smile and when he opened the door, I furrowed my brows at that babbles I heard. Wait, babbles?

Running to the room from where I heard the familiar noise, I saw my baby looking around unaware of what was happening. Well, until she saw me. She smiled and my heart fluttered. Turning around, I saw Rafael looking innocently at me.

God, what a pleasant surprise.

________________________________

Edited by rachellewriter

Until next time...