CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12:

Milliana.

I sighed and laid back into the chair, my head was throbbing and I was stressed. There has been so much wedding prep and Rafael was busy on a really important deal. Usually I didn't mind when he left for his trips or worked long days, but he had been helping me out with the wedding prep and now he couldn't. I had been a little sick lately, although I brushed it off as it just being from some bad shrimp at the gala. Unfortunately, I couldn't ignore it too much, I had been vomiting constantly. It was starting to become a nuisance.

I didn't want to get a wedding planner. I wanted to do everything by myself and have it be authentic. My wedding was in two weeks and I needed a cake. I had almost forgotten I knew someone who worked in a cake shop. It was... Oh! Yes! Regal-- no, Royalty Bakes. I made a mental note to call them later, thankful that I had remembered the name. The doorbell rang and I heard the door open, Lena must have let them in. I was pretty sure it was the tailor since we had arranged to meet today. As expected, in came Priscilla, our designer and tailor, "Milliana! It has been so long!" I nodded and chuckled, giving her a hug.

"Indeed it has, would you like anything to drink?" I asked, "A glass of water will be fine my dear." She requested politely. I nodded and went to the kitchen, grabbing a clean glass from the cupboard and the Fiji water from the fridge. Our tap water wasn't working and Rafael wasn't here to fix it so we had to call in a maintenance man to come today as well. Rafael wasn't particularly thrilled about the idea of a man doing something for me he couldn't. Personally, I thought he was being ridiculous, which was hilarious. I quickly poured her a glass and went back into the room passing it to her.

"So, today we just need to take some measurements and then I can start the design process. I'm going to take the dress from your last wedding and give it a bit of a redesign and revamp." She told me as she took some sips of water.

I nodded in understanding, "Perfect, that sounds good to me." She smiled back at me, "Great. I'll have you go change into a robe and leave your undergarments on so we can get the most accurate measurements."

She handed me the robe and I went to my room to get changed. I stripped down and slipped on the silk pink robe. Then I made my way back downstairs and took off my robe, standing in the middle of the room as she measured me.

I remembered picking out my wedding dress for the first time. I had been looking for days, and finally I walked into one of my final stops and saw it on the mannequin. It was absolutely beautiful and everything I had imagined and more. When I tried it on the first time I didn't want to take it off. It felt like it was meant for me.

After a few minutes, she packed her equipment up and took her notebook out to scribble down the last of her notes.

"Okay, Milliana, I'm all done. I'll call you in a week and deliver your dress." Priscilla promised, handing me a copy of her notes for me to keep. I looked down at them and read them over, it looked like my hips and boobs had gone bigger so she needed to do some work on those areas so it would fit correctly again.

"Thank you." She left with the bagged dress and I got comfy on the sofa with my blanket after getting redressed. Rafael had booked the venue and catering as well as entertainment. For the kids he ordered a chocolate fountain with a range of things to dip in and a playroom. He was so thoughtful. 'Oh sugar, I needed to finish the seating plan.' I thought and went on my laptop. I started to create the seating chart but I knew it would take some time.