Chapter 1 - First Day

Rosabella Moretti jolted awake to the sound of her alarm clock and hurried to the bathroom. She took shower in quick movements then prepared herself in her new maid uniform. She did her hair into a loose messy bun, so it wouldn't disturb her while working and decided to apply natural makeup to her face, just to make her look presentable. She checked her look in the mirror again for the last time then out from her room to the kitchen where the maids gathered before doing their tasks.

It was her first working day as a maid in the mansion and she was so nervous. She decided that arriving late at the kitchen wouldn't be a good impression for her fellow maids or Marie or even her employers. Marie was the head maid and a good friend of her mother. She was a short mid-age woman who looks so warm and wise. A motherly figure with grey hair, round face and green eyes.

After her mother passed away, Marie offered her a job as a maid to help her in this mansion, and since she owed Marie for helping her mother's hospital expenses, she thought it would be just right if she's now returned the favor. Beside, Rosabella has worked as a waitress before, so she wouldn't have any problems to work as a maid. Instead she was so grateful to work here because she didn't need to rent a place to live, since she got her own room in the maid quarter. No fussy and rude customers. No injustice boss. No overtime work. Also she must admitted that her wage in this mansion was much more better than the previous one.

As for her employers, she haven't meet any of them yet since her arrival yesterday night. She arrived in the mansion with Marie who brought her directly to her room and let her rest for the night. From her view, her employers might be a very rich family by looking how extravagant the mansion was and its luxurious furnitures. Everything must be cost a fortune! And she's afraid if she broke anything in this mansion, she wouldn't afford to replace them.

She arrived in the kitchen which only few rooms from her bedroom, and went inside.

" Good morning! " She murmured, but a little bit surprise when she only seen Marie in the kitchen.

" Oh, good morning dear! " Marie replied with smile. " Did you sleep well? " she asked.

" Yes, it was perfect! " she shyly replied with smile, realized that she was never sleep in comfort and so well in her life before.

" Good! Now eat first before doing your tasks. Never want you fainting in one of the rooms, don't we? " she said jokingly and winking to her after placing breakfast at the counter, then turned back to continue put plates into dish washer.

Rosabella let out a small laugh to her joke and walked to the counter, then she sat on the stool to eat her meal. It was her favorite food. Marie must be known about it from her mother. She smiled and happily took the first spoon of her meal.

Marie has always been like a mother to her, and she felt grateful that she could work here with her after her mother passed away. At least, she wouldn't be alone in this life.

" Your task today is to clean all the bedrooms. " Marie turned to face her again and Rosabella nodded to the instruction.

" This mansion have five guest rooms and one master bedroom, aside from bedrooms in our maid quarter. " She continued. " We have another three maids, now four with your arrival and five with me. We also have gardeners, a driver and few security guards. " She ended her explaination with a smile.

" Oh. " She simply nodded and tried to finish her breakfast soon so she could start to work.

" Are you nervous for your first day, my dear? " Marie asked with concern after she finished her breakfast.

" Yes. " She replied shyly.

" Oh, don't be! The owner won't be home until tomorrow, so you could work at ease today. " Marie smiled again to her.

Owner? She thought. As in singular phrase? And not a family as she thought.

She twisted her fingers nerveously as she took courage to ask more to the older woman. " May I know about the Owner, I mean our employer, Marie? " she finally asked.

" Oh my, I forgot to tell you, didn't I? " Marie palmed her forehead, surprise with herself that she missed the important information.

" I'm so sorry my dear.. " Marie saw her with regret because the missing information. " Our employer is Maxmillian Cavallo. " she stated. " You surely have heard about him, haven't you? " She ended her information with smile.