A Returning Soldier (H2OVanToonz)

"Oh come on Jon! Look at the camera!" Evan teased. Jonathan covered his face and whined in protest. Evan sighed softly and set the camera down on the table and looked at Jon.

"Oh come on Jon... Please...? For me." Jonathan was camera shy and hated being the center of attention. This was the first time Evan had even tried to video tape Jonathan singing after Luke signed up for the Navy 9 months earlier. Luke was on a tour right now and wasn't due back for another 5 months. Jon, Luke and Evan were all in an open relationship together and honestly, Evan was the only thing keeping Jon sane. Jon sighed in defeat and removed his hands from his face slowly to look at Evan.

"Fine..." Jon finally gave in as Evan grins softly and hugs Jon. Jonathan rolled his eyes softly  and hugged Evan back as he patted his back. Jonathan cleared his throat softly and looked up at Evan.  

'He called her on the road from a lonely cold hotel room
Just to hear her say "I love you" one more time
But when he heard the sound
Of the kids laughin' in the background
He had to wipe away a tear from his eye'

Evan was in a video call with Luke. He made it seem like he was video taping it on his phone and smiled as Luke grinned at him. Luke had muted his mic so Jon couldn't hear him.

'A little voice came on the phone
Said, "Daddy when you coming home?"
He said the first thing that came to his mind'

Jon knew this song like the back of his hand and it was something Luke sang to him while in phone calls. This song meant the world to both him and Evan. It meant a lot to Luke that his was the song he decided to sing.

'I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And I know, I'm in your prayers
Oh I'm already there'

By now Luke had covered his mouth and let the silent tears roll down his face. Evan smiled and looked up at Jon who was smiling softly and looking at Evan with his bright blue eyes filled with carelessness and wonder.

'She got back on the phone
Said, "I really miss you darling."
"Don't worry about the kids they'll be alright
Wish I was in your arms, lyin' right there beside you"
"But I know that I'll be in your dreams tonight.
And I'll gently kiss your lips
Touch you with my fingertips
So turn out the lights and close your eyes"'

'I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wond
And I'll be there 'til the end
Can you feel the love that we share?
Oh I'm already there'

Evan was watching Luke as he was walking down a hall. He had tears rolling down his cheeks and a grin plaster on his face. He was up to no good and Evan knew what it was. He felt himself smile as Jon got lost in the song.

'We may be a thousand miles apart
But I'll be with you wherever you are
I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there 'til the end
Can you feel the love that we share?
Oh I'm already there'

There was a knock on the apartment door and Evan smiled at Jon.

"Well might as well go get it Jon." Evan said softly as Jon gave him a confused look and got up off the couch slowly. He walked over to the door and opened it slowly only to be tackled in a bear hug by none other then Luke Patterson himself. Evan smiled as Jonathan let out a happy sob and hugged his older boyfriend tightly.

"You asshole! You were in on this too weren't you!?" Jonathan shouted through his tears as he turned to look at Evan. He wasn't angry. The big fat smile in his face said it all. Evan got up slowly and walked up to join the two older lovers of his.

"Maybe I had it planned out..." Evan said sheepishly.

'Oh I'm already there...'

"You guys are such assholes..." Jonathan laughed as he softly wiped his tears. "How long are you home for?" Jon turned to Luke and asked softly.

"Two months before I have to return." Luke smiled at Jon then turned to Evan and gestured him to come closer. Evan took a few steps closer as he ended the recording and smiled. Luke grabbed him by the front of his shirt and dragged him closer as he pulled the two into a group hug. It wasn't until then that Evan noticed that he too was crying. The oldest was finally home and face and the other two can finally rest easily knowing that he is home and well.

"Oh and Jon...?" Luke says softly.

"Yeah?" Jon looked up at Luke calmly.

"Your voice is just as good as it was when I left." Jonathan went deep red.

"You sent it to him didn't you?" He turned to Evan.

"Nope. We where in a video chat." Evan gave a cocky grin and punched Jon in the shoulder playfully. Jon covered his face again and whined loudly. Evan loved these two dorks and he wouldn't want it any other way.