SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
( SUICIDE PACT. )

 )

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

KIT could hear the pounding of two sets of boots behind her; Jyn and Bodhi

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

KIT could hear the pounding of two sets of boots behind her; Jyn and Bodhi. The coward who couldn't even stand up for himself and the renegade, their footfalls quickening to keep in time with their fast retreating comrade. The younger brunette marched on, retracing the path out of the base. If the pair of them wanted to follow her into the jungle then she wouldn't stop them, but she wasn't in the mood for a confessional either.

Kitra stepped into the hangar bay, her mind still swirling with a million thoughts and arguments, words she'd wished she'd said and wished she hadn't, and the sickening feeling that she failed settling over her stomach.

Kit had to shield her face from a shower of golden sparks when an astromech and it's owner welded together the armour on the battered hull of an X-Wing. When she lowered her arm Chirrut and Baze were in front of her and her purposeless march was ended.

"You didn't get locked up," Kit said. She tried her best to make herself sound sincere, but there was an oblivious bitterness still lingering behind her words.

"You don't look happy." Baze responded in a gruff voice, seemingly unaffected by the lack of sympathy Kit had expressed.

Kit had to bite the corner of her lip to stop the mocking laugh that threatened to bubble past her tongue. She shook her head instead, averting her eyes to Chirrut's unseeing ones. "They prefer surrender." She knew that it was an exaggeration. Not every councillor wanted to give up, but they might as well have.

"And you?" Baze asked.

Kit didn't have to answer for the sly smirk that was already curling itself across Chirrut's lips. "She wants to fight."

"So do I," Bodhi's voice echoed from behind her as Jyn and the pilot stepped up to her side.

Jyn nodded aswell, fixating her green eyes on her younger sister. "We all do."