Chapter 19

Evie's POV

I dashed down the hall in my night gown to where I had to leave Henry last night. I pushed open the doors and Henry wasn't there. Henry, I yelled. HENRY, I yelled louder running around to room frantically. Evie calm down he is in the spare bedroom down the hall, grandma said. I let out a breath of relief. I suddenly missed mom. Grandma headed out of the room and I went to a mirror. I couldn't remember very much magic and my magic was out of control. I waved my hand and was happy to see mom pacing the room she was worried because we were gone. Mom, I whispered. Mom, I whispered again. Evie, she said running to the mirror. Shh, I told her not wanting grandma to hear her. Grandma has taken us and we are back at the castle. It doesn't seem like we will stay here for very long because I overheard her talking to a pirate about a way to get us to where you guys are, I said. Then I heard grandma's heels. I waved my hand and mom was gone. I just tried to act normal. Breakfast is ready, she said. I nodded my head and began to walk barefooted to the kitchen. I was still mad that grandma kidnapped us. I mean I love her and all but the only reason I stayed with her last night was because I missed mom and I just imaged that she was mom. I got to the kitchen to see Henry there. I walked in and took my normal spot. I ate a little breakfast and then stood up. Evie what do you say, grandma snapped. I looked at her oddly. Do not tell me you forgot everything I taught you, she hissed. I just sat back down. She waved her hand and I was in a dress with heels and Henry was in a nice outfit a prince would where. I don't want to where this, I pouted. Grandma gave me a death glare. I just stopped talking. I stood up to leave again when grandma yelled at me. What do you say when you want to leave the table, she screeched. O yeah, I said. May I be excused, I asked? I really did remember I just wanted to play dumb. No you may not, she said. I huffed and sat down. After breakfast we went through the manners crap again. Now I will help you with you magic and reteach you, she said. No, I said. What, she snapped. No you won't help me you won't teach me anything I don't want to learn dark magic, I said. Evie-, she began but I cut her off. No I won't do it, I said running down the hall. I started to cry. The last time I learned Dark Magic I was forced to kill an innocent person. I ran out to the garden. I ran to the fountain and cried. Evie Mills, I heard grandma holler. I waved my hand and was back in the castle away from grandma. I walked into a room and realized this was the room where grandpa hand died in my arms. Then I saw his body good as new like he had just been killed. I began to hypervenalate and cry. Then grandma came in. O don't cry over that old fool he deserved it, grandma spat. No he was the only person in this damn castle that understood, that was always there for me, and that I knew always loved me, I spat. I hate you, I yelled at grandma and ran out of the room and down the hall.