Bad Ideas

Inanna POV

Spoke to the insurance company. Car's totaled. You can keep using mine for now Jenna said

So you're coming to the dance? I asked

Alaric asked me to help chaperone. She said smiling

Jenna walked around the couch and leaned against it.

Why didn't you tell me, Jenna?

Jenna looks slightly startled by this sudden change of topic.

Your mom was gonna do it eventually. I never thought I'd have to.

If my mom were here right now and I asked, she'd tell me the truth.

Your dad was about to leave the office one night when this girl showed up. She was sixteen, a runaway, and about to give birth. He delivered her baby, and he gave her a place to stay, but a few days later, she disappeared. And there you were. Your parents were trying so hard to have a baby. I-it just wasn't happening. All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mom.

Well, why were my parents' names on the birth certificate?

Your dad was a doctor, Inanna. He took care of it. They didn't wanna lose you, so they kept it quiet, told as few people as possible, but if anyone ever wanted proof, they had documentation.

What else do you know about her?

The girl?

Just her name. Isobel.

Are you going to tell Elena about this? she asked

of course, she deserves to know everything

X

Third person POV

Elena is in her bedroom, adding the finishing touches to her '50s hairstyle. She walks into the bathroom and blow dries her hair as she pulls a round brush through it. In her bedroom, Elena has left the vampire compass on her bed. Suddenly, the needle starts to whirl around, but Elena cannot hear it over the noise of the blow dryer. Elena, satisfied with her hair, turns the dryer off and walks out of the bathroom. The needle of the compass is pointing at her closet which Elena is heading towards. She opens the closet, dramatically the compass starts whirring again, and no one is hiding in the closet. Elena retrieves a pink scarf from a hanger. Elena shuts the closet door and walks over to her doorway, poking her head into the hall.

Hey, Jenna. Jenna? Jeremy? Inanna?

No one responds to Elena. The compass's needle continues to spin around and Elena, hearing the noise, turns her head towards the compass. She finally sees the needle spinning out of control. Elena walks over to the bed, quickly, and picks up the compass, looking at the needle. She picks up her phone and dials Stefan's number before quickly walking out of the room.

Stefan's phone. How may I help you?

Elena quickly walks down the stairs and anxiously speaks to Damon.

Where is he?

He's on his way to you. Forgot his phone.

Elena stops in the living room.

She sighs

Oh, thank God. This compass was spinning.

Right above Elena, Noah is braced to the ceiling looking down at Elena.

Stefan must be here. Thank you.

You're welcome.

Elena hangs up. Suddenly, Noah jumps down from the ceiling. Elena spins around and gasps. Noah grabs Elena and extends his fangs, getting ready to bite her neck. Elena screams. Before Noah can bite her, Inanna yells from the kitchen and rushes in.

Elena!

Inanna pulls Noah off of Elena and throws him over the couch. Elena loses her balance and falls to the floor.Inanna looks down at her, worried. Noah grunts and gets up from the floor and vamp-speeds out of the house. When Inanna is certain that Noah won't be returning, Inanna dashes over to Elena. Elena pushes herself off the floor and Inanna embraces her. Elena, still frightened, tightly holds on to Her.

Are you ok? Are you ok?

Elena looks at the front door, still worried that her attacker will return.
X
Inanna and Elena have been joined at the house by Damon and Stefan. Damon paces around the living room while Stefan and Elena sit on the couch next to each other.

How did he get in?

He was invited in.
He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night.

Well, he gets points for that. Did he say what he wanted?

No. He was too busy trying to kill my sister.

And you have no idea who this is? Stefan asked Damon

No.

Stefan looked unconvinced

Don't look at me like that. I told you we had company.

You think there's more than one?

We don't know.

Damon sits on the arm of the couch.

Damon, he was invited in.

Damon nods, understanding what Stefan is hinting at.

Then we go get him tonight.You up for it? He asked Inanna and Elena

What do I have to do?

Let your boyfriend take you to the dance. We'll see who shows up.

That's a bad idea.

Till we get him, this house isn't safe. For anyone who lives in it. It's worth a shot.

I'll do it.

Stefan looked anxious. Damon nods, agreeing. Elena grabs Stefan's hand in her own and looks at him.

I'll be with the three of you. I'll be safe.

Stefan nods and looks up at Damon, who shrugs his shoulder.

Don't forget to comment and vote, Love you all:)