New Teacher

Third person POV

Outside, Elena Inanna and Caroline are walking towards the school.

Have you even talked to Bonnie?

No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move.

Be the bigger person.

Care dont be petty Inanna said

Impossible in her presence.

Why are you so pissed at her anyway?

She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle.

Elena and Inanna sighed

All right. Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it.

Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?

He's avoiding me.

Why?

Elena hesitates as she tries to think of what she can say.
....It's complicated.
the bells rings, giving Elena an excuse to leave I'll see you later.
Bye.
Elena and Inanna leave

X

In history class, Inanna sits down in class near Bonnie as Alaric, the new teacher, prepares for his class.

Good Morning everyone. Alrighty.
Alaric writes his name on the chalkboard. Inanna mouths "Are you okay?" to Bonnie. Bonnie shrugs.

Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce "Alaric" but it's "Alaric," okay? So, you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher.

In the hallway Inanna Elena and Bonnie are walking
Bonnie is explaining to Elena and Inanna about her dreams.

And then, I ended up at the remains of the old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods.

And you always see your ancestor Emily?

Mhm. Do you believe in ghosts?

Two weeks ago I'd say no, but now...

Because i think I'm being haunted.

I don't get it. Why Emily?

Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the Civil War days, and that this medallion was hers. A witch's talisman.

And it all started when you got the necklace?

I think she's using it to communicate with me.

Okay, what does Grams say about it?

I can't call her. She's gonna tell me to embrace it. I don't want to embrace it, I want it to stop.

Elsewhere outside the school, Elena and Inanna sees Stefan sitting at a picnic table and walks over to join him.

Hi.

You weren't in class, I was worried.

Yeah, I got your messages, and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you, but what I wanna say shouldn't be said over the phone.

A simple "I didn't kill my brother" text would have sufficed. Inanna said

I didn't kill my brother, as much as he deserved it. He has you to thank you for that.

So, what did you wanna tell me?

I won't be coming to school anymore. I'm gonna back off and keep my distance. It's the right thing to do.

Back off from school or from me? Thank you for telling me.

It's better this way.

Yep. I got it. Elena said upset

X
Elena answers the door to find Stefan on her porch.

Hey. Thanks for coming. I wouldn't have called if it wasn't important.

I know that.

Elena steps onto the porch and pulls the door closed behind her.

He threatened her, Stefan.

What would Damon want with Bonnie?

She has this necklace. Caroline got it from Damon, and she gave it to Bonnie, and now Damon wants it back. He's tormenting her.

Over a necklace?

It's not just any necklace. It has to do with Bonnie's heritage. It belonged to one of her ancestors who lived here during the Civil War...When you and Damon lived here.

Stefan looks uncomfortable

Her name was Emily. She was Katherine's handmaiden, and a witch.

Elena looked surprised
You know? About Bonnie?

The first night that you invited me over for dinner, I made the connection.
And now Damon knows, and for some reason he wants that necklace.
What does it look like?

It's an antique iron setting with a--

--with an amber crystal. I know it. It belonged to Katherine. Emily gave it to her, which means that...

What?

Stefan looked confused
I don't know, but I'm gonna find it out. Let me talk to Damon.

Will he tell you?

I'll get it out of him.