Winston shook his head and sat in his chair once again. "I want you to get her here. We need to interrogate her and find out if she could possibly be different from the others."

Kellan nodded. "Where will I find her?" He set the folder in his lap.

"All the information you will need is in that folder. Thank you, Parker." Winston leaned forward and began working on some papers that were spread out in front of him.

"You're welcome, sir." Kellan left the office and walked to the lobby, the pale yellow folder in his hands. He sat in one of the chairs and began to read about the last immortal.

Her name was Alistair Adams. She was 19 now, but she became an immortal at the age of 17 as all immortals did. She probably didn't even realize that she wasn't aging anymore. She was still pretty young, the same age as Kellan.

The next page consisted of her schedules, where she could be found each day at any time. Kellan pocketed this sheet and skimmed through the rest. Friends, family, co-workers, and teachers were listed along with things about her. Kellan closed the folder and looked at the clock that was hanging above Marietta's desk. Only ten minutes had passed. Kellan closed the folder and left the building. He had to get ready for a trip to the mortal world.

+ + +

Alistair sat on a bench facing the large water fountain that sat in the middle of the campus. She stared at it for a long time until someone tapped her shoulder. She jumped to her feet, alarmed and then realized who had disturbed her.

"Katy!" Alistair shrieked. "You scared the crap out of me!"

Katy giggled and shrugged, "It's not my fault you never pay attention." She was wearing her dirty blonde hair in a ponytail, her dark brown eyes like chocolate and her skin a bit pale.

"What, I'm not allowed to zone out occasionally?" Alistair asked her with a smile.

"When you zone out you travel to a completely different universe," Katy rolled her eyes and sat on the bench. "Michael has been asking about you. When are you going to forgive him already?"

Alistair sighed and fell back onto the bench. "I don't want to forgive him. He's so careless."

"Everyone's a little careless." Katy tried to convince her. "We can't all be super high strung all the time, Ali. It would destroy the entire human race if we couldn't slack off a bit."

"But he loves to take risks. I play by the rules. We're complete opposites, Kate." Ali explained.

Katy placed her hand on Ali's shoulder. "But opposites attract, right?"

"Not in this case." Ali denied it. "I can't handle him, okay? Please just support me on this."

"I always do." Katy smiled and Ali remembered high school and middle school. How close they were then and how distant they were now.

"Let's go somewhere tomorrow and hang out. It'll be like old times." Ali suggested, a small smile on her face.

"That would be great," Katy agreed. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled it out and looked at it. "I have to go to class. Text me the details!" She waved her phone in the air and ran off to the main building.

Ali sighed and rose to her feet. She slowly walked over to the dorms. She got herself a water bottle from one of the vending machines and went to her room. She fell back onto her bed to try to take a nap, but a knock on the door quickly shattered her plans. She groaned and stood up. Behind the door stood a guy she had never seen before. He was dressed casually, a simple shirt with jeans. He had short pitch black hair that stopped less than an inch above his ears. He had the most beautiful blue eyes and fair skin that made him look nearly perfect. Like a porcelain doll.