Chapter Six - Relax

London is amazing.

My university is located right at the outskirts of London, so I took a train to get to the city.

I twirl and breathe in the view around me.

The people, the sights, the culture, are all so foreign to me. 

I decide to take a seat at a grunge looking cafe. I glance up and down the menu, instantly knowing that this must be a high class cafe because of the prices. I cringe as I order a cappuccino that will set me five pounds back.

I sigh deeply before taking out my sketch book and start to sketch the scene before me.

A little fountain with children playing around it. How pretty!

Pigeons fly by now and then, picking at the crumbs leftover from passerbys eating scones.

My pencil flies over the page, shading each and every detail. I am done in twenty minutes.

Hmm, not bad! 

I stare intently at the sketch I just produced, looking for any details I might have missed.

Without warning, a feeling of homesickness hits me right in the gut. Ohhhhhh crap.

No, no, no, don't think like that.

It's normal. You're away from home. You're safe. You're fine.

I repeat the mantra in my head, reassuring myself that nothing bad is going to happen.

My watch reads 6:37 pm. It's getting late.

I pay for the coffee and head back to campus.