#0: 11 Proofs That He Did Love

October 2010

"He doesn't want me around and he wished I were dead. What if I really were?"

"Then I'd be sad, Grace. Don't talk like that."

"You could always find yourself a new girlfriend."

"Don't talk about stuff like this, and don't ever say that. You're the only one allowed to be my girl, and I don't ever want to be with anyone else. So you can't leave me, alright?

"That's such a bull. I'm sure you'd move on fast, because there are a lot of girls who are way better than me anyway."

"That will never happen, not if you stay with me. But if you really did, someday, leave me for good... I'm not gonna find someone else to replace you just like that. I'll have to be over you first, even if it's hard. I don't even know if I can do that, honestly."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Grace. Good night."

.

If you died, what would I be doing without you?

.

November 2010

"A day not talking to you felt so different."

"It was just one day, Grant. I used to miss you for months, because you suddenly wouldn't talk to me. You're such a jerk."

"Well... I thought you were mad at me... so I, uh, cowered and didn't talk to you..."

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

.

Grace, I don't know how much that I love you, but I know that it is a lot. I don't want to ever lose you. Don't ever leave me, okay?
I love you.

.

You can be mad and yell at me all you want, but don't ever leave. I love you, Grace.

 .

You're so amazing; it's indescribable how much you care about me. And it's pathetic to see how little I care about you. But you do know I love you, right? Even when I'm doing crap at showing it?

.

January 2011

Grace, I will always love you. Forever.

.

I love you, so you can't get rid of me that easily.
Good night, princess.

.

March 2011

I want to be with you forever. I don't want to break up with you.

.

What did you do wrong? Nothing. I'm the one who's at fault.
I'm sorry, Grace, that I couldn't be the best for you--that I couldn't be what you wanted.

.

I'm not mad at you--just mad at myself for how things turned out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sat on the bench, with silence and the pouring rain accompanying him at the loss of half of his heart.

The one he just let walk away.

Half of his insides begged him to let it all out, to scream at the darkened sky and tear the ground apart. The other half felt completely nothing, just absolute numbness that seeped through his fingertips up into his chest.

Coldness. Nothing but coldness. He wasn't sure if it was just the weather, or his heart. Probably both.

His heart screamed at him, to go and run, catch her wrist before she walked too far, spin her around and kiss her in the rain to make her stay. But his head told him that it was for the best. That this way, both of them would stop hurting each other--intentionally or not. This was for the best. Maybe not for him. But for her.

After all, this was what she wanted, wasn't it?

And maybe, this was what he needed.

They just weren't to be. And that was okay. Because he was sure that someone else, who was way better than he could ever be, would someday scoop her off her feet and give her all the love she wanted--the one thing he couldn't completely give her. There would be someone out there who would save her and fix her heart again.

That thought clenched painfully in his chest. The thought of another hand holding hers. Of another pair of arms enveloping her figure. Of a pair of lips that would capture hers for the first time. Of another eyes looking at her with that love she deserved.

He bended and hung his head low, burying it deep in the crooks of his elbows as his fingers pulled at his dark, now wrenched, hair. His shoulders slowly heaved, before he completely shook uncontrollably, though quietly.

The only sound heard was the raindrops falling on the ground.

Or it could be the tears that started to fall down. He wasn't sure himself.

He just wished that he could've loved her enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Grant? What would you do if I suddenly left and never came back, and you couldn't ever find me? Would you be sad if I were gone forever?"

"I love you. I'll love you, always. Don't ever leave me, okay?"

"Okay."

(2010)

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

surprise bonus something for you--i don't even know what to call this since it isn't even a chapter. but i was looking through my old messages and... sigh... well... yeah.

a little bit of something from grant. just to know that he was as affected as she was. that maybe he did love her enough, and that he could've made her stay. but when things aren't meant to be, then so be it.

some ships just don't mean to sail. that's all.

p.s; if you love someone, tell them and do your best to make them stay.
p.p.s; don't be a hypocritical asshole like me.

love, yours truly.