Chapter Eleven-Exploding Hearts

Start from the beginning

He holds it out to me and I take it with a questioning look.

"I wanted you to wear it, to show all the other guys that you are mine and only mine."

That's cute, he thinks other guys will want me. It was a miracle that he wanted me.

"Don't worry, I'll be with you the whole time. But if it makes you feel better I'll wear it."

I slide off my crop top jacket and Party's eyes go wide. At first I think he's being a perv, but then I notice he's staring at my shoulder.

"You like my tattoo?"

He snaps out of it walks over to me, placing his hand on the doves. I get chills at his touch.

"Yeah I really do. What does it mean?"

"It's me, my parents, and my two siblings, flying free from this terrible world."

"That's amazing. Do you have any more?"

I nod and turn around and show him my zodiac symbol between my shoulder blades.

"I never wanted to forget when my birthday was. I do forget the exact date, but at least I know it's between June 22nd and July 22nd."

"I think mine was sometime around Easter, so maybe I'm an Aries?"

"Yeah that's what it is, and I have two more tattoos."

I show him the ones behind my ear and right above my heel. He seems amazed with all of them.

"Wow, I can't believe I never noticed the music note one! That one is really cool."

I laugh at him, he's such a little kid.

"You should get one, I still know the place where I got these."

His face turns as white as a ghost when I say this.

"Y-you know I would b-but I'm afraidofneedles."

"You're what? I didn't hear that last part."

"I said, I'm afraid. Of. Needles."

He is? I never would have thought that a badass killjoy would be afraid of needles. It's pretty hilarious.

"It's no big deal Party, now let's go. Don't want to get there too late."

I slide on his jacket and stick out my hand. He takes it and intertwines our fingers, then leads me to the car which everyone else is already in. Now let the fun begin.

*******************

After an hour or two of driving, Party pulls up to a big building that has flashing lights and loud music. How the Dracs haven't found this place is a mystery to me. We all get out of the trans am and head inside, where there are tons of more lights and even louder music. This night is going to be interesting.

"You like it Brutal?"

I can barely hear him over the music, so I just give him a nod. Party then lifts me up, since I was told to not bring my crutches, and brings me to the bar. He orders us each three shots, which I down all immediately.