"Hey kiddo, what are you doing out here?"

You sat up straight, turning your gaze towards the source of the voice: Wasurete. He sported a button up white shirt and denim jeans, and you recalled that he was going back and forth between the stage and the audience, filming performances. Earlier, you had told him you wanted to go out for a drink, and he loaned you his katana chain, remembering your dilemma for why yours was not working.

Following his gaze to the raising volume coming from the inner area of the courtyard, on the other side of the building, you momentarily watched as the audience trickled out of the auditorium, diffusing across the area in groups that spoke of the satisfaction of the first part of the showcase, and excitement for the next.

"Don't call me kiddo," you answered childishly, staking the weapon into the ground, pushing yourself to your feet. 

He smirked, crossing his arms a stride away. "Well, I just came to see where you went. I don't think a drink takes THIS long. We're halfway through with the showcase now, so there's a break for the audience."  

"Huh... So I've been out here for a while then," you murmured, calling back the weapon and removing the chain, handing it back to the ravenette. 

"...What are you worried about Amaya?" he asked, shoving the chain into his pocket.  

"I-I'm not worried about anything!" 

"You're like me when I have something on my mind," the ravenette shook his head, gesturing for you to follow him towards the rear exit of the auditorium. "I train; it helps me relax. You're...kinda doing the same. Wanna... I don't know, talk about anything?" 

You smiled a bit as his awkward attempt in lightening your mood, and you shook your head. "It's nothing." 

"You're lying, I can see it," he shrugged. "Well, if you don't wanna talk about it, just get ready for your next song. It's part of the reason why I came to get you."

The break for the audience only lasted twenty minutes, and in that time, the background sets were being changed into order for the next hour of the show. In the meantime, you were taken to the dressing rooms and threw on your outfit for the duet with Chiyoko: a simple, black Lolita dress with a white under layer and white trim, with dark gray boots. A set of dark gray gloves was split between the two of you, and you had the right whereas she had the left. Your hair and makeup was done by a redheaded girl who kept up a conversation for winter plans, and she high-ponytailed half to the left, with the right kept down and loose; in contrast, Chiyoko's hair was put high-ponytailed half to the right with the left kept down and loose. Crimson lipstick completed the look, and finished moments early, you took a look around backstage, adjusting your headset and microphone. The dark red' curtains were closed, keeping the stage dimly lit and concealed, yet, you could hear the shuffling and speaking of the audience on the other side as they filed back in.

Nothing else to do, you went in back and watched on the TV screen as the cameras that were directed to document today's event for the school were switched back on, and Nero called for the attention of the audience to be directed towards the stage. With this, another set of acts began, and with time on your hands, you practiced yours by yourself, letting the minutes pass by quickly, which, they did. In no time then, it was your turn to go on, and the nerves that were once pushed aside came back, knotting themselves within your stomach and resting there, weighing heavily within you like a rock.

You took a deep breath, calming yourself as you took your spot in front of half of the backup dancers who were doing the same, in, dark gray hoods and pants. Chiyoko wordlessly joined you and as your glances met momentarily, she immediately tore hers away; the small act keeping you on edge, knowing that she would have usually told something along the lines of you not to fall off stage.