What I Left Behind- Chapter 52

Start from the beginning

I grabbed Ethan's hand that was in mine with my free arm and squeezed it tightly.

"Do you hear that?" I asked Ethan.

His eyes were glued onto the screen and he looked taken aback.

"That's ours." He said taking his eyes off the screen to look at me.

I smiled at him as he moved his hands away from my grip and placed them on my cheeks.

"That's ours." I agreed laughing.

He kissed me hard on my lips and licked my bottom lip before pulling away.

"Thank you, Lover Girl. Thank you so much." He said with passion glistening in his eyes.

I simply kissed him, showing him that I was just as grateful. 

***********************************************

Ethan's POV

It's been three weeks since Blake's appointment at the doctors and every day since, she's been counting down the days until the next appointment.

"One more week!" She said happily kissing my cheek as she walked to the foyer in our house.

"And where is my sexy wife going?" I asked standing in front of her as she put on her flip-flops.

"I told you I was going out to lunch with Chase today remember? He feels the need to make it up for me since he missed out on my birthday last week." She said placing her arms around my neck.

I put my hands on her waist, "Right that's today." I said not really liking the idea.

I was never completely comfortable with Chase. No matter how many times Blake said that he never thought of her like that, I knew guys. And I know when a guy is interested in a girl.

Chase has that look in his eyes that is only ever towards Blake.

If I weren't in the picture, he would be the first ready to sweep her off her feet.

"I'll be back in a bit. Love you." She said giving me a quick kiss before slapping my ass and walking out the door.

"Be careful babe." I shouted after her.

She winked at me and closed the door behind her.

I went over to the living room and sat on the couch as I turned on the TV.

About ten minutes later, the familiar ding to the alarm sounded and I stood up to see who came over.

"Hey ugly! What are you up to?" Charlie said closing the door and giving me a small hug.

I hugged her back tightly before flicking the top of her head playfully.

"Ow! You jerk!" She said rubbing her head right where I hit her.

I chuckled and walked over to the living room with her trailing behind me.

I sat back down on the couch and a baby pampers commercial came on.

"Ha... I can't wait to see you do that soon. Talk about the biggest fail." Charlie said laughing as she was sitting next to me.

I directed my gaze over to her to know that I was offended.

"Oh come on Ethan. You don't know the first thing about cleaning a baby's ass." Charlie said laughing even more.

"Maybe not, but how hard could it be?" I asked shrugging.

I never really thought about it but how hard could it be to take care of a kid?

Holy shit.

I was about to raise a child and I had no idea how the f*** to do it.