♔ i. - "I like him."

Start from the beginning

"There's nothing wrong with that, of course!" A new voice loudly announced. I looked up from my seat and saw Krystal prancing towards us, her hips swaying confidently as she made her way across the classroom with a smile. Jung Krystal is a pretty girl who always proclaims everywhere that she's fabulous, also our friend. I always thought she's pretty when she smiles and every time she purposely flips her hair. I find her amusing most of the time though. Placing a hand on Wendy's shoulder, she grinned cheekily.

"Like?!" Wendy exclaimed and stood up, seemingly in shock. Hmm? What were they talking about again? I lost track. Smiling as I watched them converse, not really knowing anymore what they were talking about, I tried to concentrate on their words.

"Oh my gosh, Wendy."

"Ohmaygash." I repeated, grinning proudly.

"Of course that's the reason. What else could it be?"

"No way!"

"No-wei." I'm enjoying these words. I can't wait to tell these to Irene unnie later when we get home. Wendy took English Advance Placement Program with Krystal and Taehyungie, and also with two of Taehyungie's hyungs who are also our friends. I find it amazing that they have it in them to learn English, but then again, Wendy and Krystal did came from abroad before we met each other so it's natural for both of them to be good.

"Uhm. Yes way!"

"Yes-wei." I nodded and they both whipped their heads towards me. Their piercing gaze surprised me. Uhm.

"Right, Seulgi?" Krystal leaned towards me; her smile reminded me of a sly fox. Swiper? She'd probably get mad if I tell her that. I don't think she'll like being related to a fox thief. But it's hard not to when I'm being looked at like a prey.

"Hmm?"

"It's true, right? You like Park Jimin over there, right?" She pointed her thumb somewhere but her piercing gaze that waited for my answer locked my eyes on her. What was the question again?

Oh right.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I like him."

Gasps everywhere suddenly caught my attention. The three of us looked around the class and saw that everyone was looking at us. Most of the girls looked at us with wide eyes and the boys... What could've happen to them? They look constipated. I wonder if they're okay. But why are we being stared at though?

"S-Seulgi-ssi." A girl who sat close to the door called out to me. Wait. What was her name again? Uhh. Eun... Eunhi? S-Seunha? Err. Oh, right. Eunha-ssi. I'm not really familiar with everyone, I rarely talk to our classmates because most of the time Wendy and I get avoided and I don't know why. So it's kind of surprising for this girl to ask me a question.

"Y-you like Jimin oppa?" I blinked at her blankly and then with a confused look, I nodded again. More gasps were heard. What's wrong with them? I heard a soft chuckle beside me, it was Krystal. She looked like she was enjoying something unlike Wendy who looked like her soul just left her body. Maybe I should bring her to the infirmary.

What's with everyone's reaction though? Could it be that they don't feel the same way? Am I the only one who thinks his smile and laugh looked and sounded beautiful? I mean, to be honest I find his smile contagious. Or could it be that it's weird for me to feel that way?

"Why?" I tilted my head, my eyes locked at Eunha-ssi. "Does everyone dislike him?" This time, there were no gasps. But instead, a loud deep laugh resonated. Our eyes turned to none other than Taehyungie. Right, he has always had a deep voice. What's making him laugh though? He was hitting his desk one second and the next, he was hitting Jimin's arm.

Taking my eyes off from the laughing Taehyung. I turned to see if he and Jimin were laughing from a joke he made but I was disappointed when I saw Jimin cover the lower half of his face. Our eyes met for a second and I would've smiled at him if only he didn't turn to the front too soon.

I rarely spoke to Jimin. Taehyung and Wendy are friends so sometimes she and Jimin exchange a word or two but he often keeps his distance because Wendy usually approaches Taehyungie to discuss stuffs from their Dramatic Arts course. Jimin and I share all of our classes for the whole day because we chose the same six courses, but he always sits at least one or two seats away from me so we never get the chance to talk even though we were classmates last year too. I've heard girls talking about how hard it was to approach him because he avoided them. I wonder if he's allergic to something female related. But it's not like he ignores female teachers though. It's confusing but it's a mystery to me but this makes him interesting.

"Ow!" I looked at Krystal. It turns out she was flicked by Wendy on the forehead.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?"

"Well isn't it better this way? Things won't change if we don't help out, you know." Krystal made her way to her seat in front of Wendy when she saw our Band course professor nearing our classroom. By this time, our classmates returned to their own business but I can still somehow feel an intense aura from somewhere I can't pinpoint.

"I guess you're right but..." Wendy trailed off. "What if we read him wrong?" Wendy sounded really worried but again, I was lost. What were they talking about again?

"Puh-lease." It was another unique pronunciation. I unconsciously repeated the word under my breath. "My observation skill is as sharp as wolverine's claws you know."

"Whatever you say, Krys." I guess that's where their conversation ends.

I leaned my cheek on my palm, elbow resting on my desk. I watched as our professor entered and greeted the class. He was checking the class attendance. My eyes wandering to his direction.

Hmm? Is it just me or his ears and neck are red. I wonder if he's sick.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hi! This is the edited version of the first chapter "I Like Him". I made sure to mention important details. I'm introducing to you the setting of how they choose their own courses and can be in different classes. They choose their courses according to their preference basing on their skills, or something like that. This is new to me because in our country, and in our school, as long as you pick your course (ex. My course is Nursing), the subjects we are to take are already definite. My understanding of foreign education system may be wrong in this story but I'll just go with this. I hope you don't mind.

I'm just going to point out that I made a mixture. They are still Koreans but the Education System is based from western. The subject courses mentioned here are from Wendy's previous high school in Richmond Hill High School.

I hope you like the new version of this chapter. The progress may not be perfect but I'll continue improving, thank you for the votes and comments!

Alice