VIII. she's my hero

Start from the beginning

Ryder has Sandy under one arm, they would have assumed she would use her magic to get away. That is when Nic sees Ryder's hand inside of her chest, clinging onto her heart, if she makes any sudden moves, she is as good as dead. Nic and Tahlia both slowly stand up, their hands in front of them, slightly raised to assure him neither will try to attack.

"Nic, go check on Anna," Tahlia says.

He nods and slowly, with his body facing Ryder, walks over to where Anna lays unconscious. He drops to his knees and he leans his ear close to her lips where she is faintly breathing. He looks up at Tahlia in worry.

"Ryder, let Sandy go so she can take Anna to the hospital," Tahlia demands slowly, her tone of voice a warning.

"Without something on my end? No thanks, next offer," he lifts his free hand lightly to keep Sandy in his grasp.

"I'll make you a deal, let them go and I'll stay," she says confidently, not seeming afraid in the least.

Sandy shakes her head, Nic looking at her as though she is an idiot, but Ryder smirks.

"That seems like an offer I can't refuse, but first, we must create a bond of promise," he says, pulling his hand out of Sandy chest.

Sandy lets out a breath she had not realised she was holding and immediately feels better. She is too weak and in shock to use her magic, but she is not going to let Tahlia do this.

"Sandy, don't," Tahlia says serious, seeming to sense what her motives were.

Sandy looks at her in worry, but steps back and follows her orders, Tahlia knows what she is doing. Tahlia then looks back at Ryder.

"I promise I won't use my magic to hurt you whilst I'm your hostage, and I shall tell no lies. But as soon as you let me go, the bond is lifted," Tahlia says, stepping closer.

She holds her hand up, a white bolt of energy in the shape of an infinity sign appearing above her palm. Ryder waves his hand and the white light flies to him and creates a knot in his palm. It then splits in half, hitting Tahlia in the chest, she flinches for a moment, but just as quickly as the pain arrived, it was gone. She looks back up at Sandy, who is frozen in fear, and Nic and Anna, Nic eye's focused on Anna's body.

"Why were you hurting them?" she asks suddenly.

Ryder laughs and clicks his knuckles.

"They'll tell you in due time, but for now your friends should leave before I change my mind," he looks at Sandy threateningly, but she does not seem intimidated.

"Not without, Tahlia," she says strongly, stepping forward.

"Sandy, you need to get Anna out of here, I'll be okay," Tahlia tries to reassure her.

Ryder then grabs her shoulder and looks into her eyes, his pupils dilating by 6 times its usual size. Sandy's eyes briefly look at Tahlia, she nods, and Sandy allows her iris' to turn black, she cannot let Ryder know she is his cousin.

"Go, and don't come back," he hisses.

Sandy nods, pretending to be under a trance, before walking over to Nic and Anna. She waves her hand, and the three disappear, leaving Tahlia and Ryder alone.

"One more thing, let Dr Hopper go, I have some place else we can discuss matters," Tahlia says sternly, not showing, nor feeling, any fear.

Ryder rolls his eyes before waving his hand, "done, now, where's this other place?"

Tahlia does not bother asking how Ryder uncontrolled Dr Hopper from such a distance, knowing the explanation will take too long, and frankly does matter at this point. She waves her hand and they reappear at Tahlia's grandmother's house.