III. ryder

Chapter Status: Edited.

Her eyes flicker open, the smell of dirt and death filling her nostrils and she frowns, looking up at the dark sky above her. She slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes, confusion filling her. She wipes her hands on her jeans before looking around. Her eyes widen, graves around her have dug up, rotten corpses and skeletons littered around her.

She screams.

++++

"Are you sure we should do this?" Tahlia questions.

She slides into the front seat of her mother's car, which they got back from the police the previous day.

June sighs, "probably not, but how else are we supposed to find out who did this to Heather?"

"True," Tahlia agrees softly.

She turns the car on and pulls out of the driveway, trying to be as quiet as possible. It is only 6 am, but Steve is being held in the Berrima Correctional Centre, which is an hour and a half away. Berrima only holds up to 75 people and is a minimum prison, the police are holding him there until his trial in May.

"Who would do such a thing?" June asks softly, "they had to keep the casket closed because of how gory her body was."

"I'm not sure... but I have a feeling they might be in Storybrooke, or getting close," she admits.

June frowns, "what do you mean?" she questions.

Tahlia sighs, stopping at a red light. Hardly any cars are around them, the only source of light is the slowly brightening sky above them.

"I mean... Anna said that when she kissed Henry, she didn't remember it, she forgot a whole chunk of time for no reason," Tahlia explains.

June sighs, "don't defend her, she's probably lying to your face, there was always something shady about her."

"I mean, I don't know, June, if I can control minds, who says there aren't other people that can as well?" Tahlia points out.

"True... but do you really believe it? Why would someone do that just to break you and Henry up? And what about Aunt Heather? Do you think they're responsible for her death as well?" June demands.

The red light turns green and she continues forward.

"I don't know June... we'll just have to see what Steve says."

++++

"How could this possibly happen?" Regina asks.

Mary Margaret shakes her head, a blanket wrapped tightly around her as she shakes.

"I'm not sure, I just woke up and there I was, I don't remember anything after I went to sleep," she admits.

"Same thing happened to Anna," Henry speaks up, although Anna is not there.

"When she kissed you?" Emma growls.

"We had cake and then blanked out until Nic tried to beat me up, it's like people are losing chunks of their memories," he explains, ignoring his mother's comment.

"Or someone's controlling them," David suggests.

"Tahlia's the only one in this town that can do it, and she's not even here," Regina points out.

"Unless someone new has snuck in," Hook suggests.

Everyone is silent for a moment before Henry realises something, his eyes widen and he looks at his family.